!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Adventures in 3D printing SNCF rolling stock  (Read 144 times)

Offline SNCFStephen

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Adventures in 3D printing SNCF rolling stock
« on: August 06, 2017, 08:05:39 pm »
Hello all

I have recently been doing a lot more in the world of 3D printing with my attention focussed on a few pieces of SNCF rolling stock. So far I have made representations of the DU65 (a new version without the windows that blighted the older version), the XR6000 trailer and the DU84.

The XR6000 was a big challenge and took some time but I am happy with the result. I am just finishing off a chassis that will allow it to use Piko Corail bogies.

The DU65 features the windows popped through and a chassis is now available for static modelling of the vehicle. The chassis also includes interior details. If anyone knows of small diameter n gauge wheels then I would be most grateful if you can let me know where I can get them.

The DU84 runs on a Kato 4 wheel chassis which is a bit high for the vehicle but it's a compromise as it's a cheap and reliable chassis.

Coming soon is 1500v DC catenary.

Online Dorsetmike

• N Gauge Society Number: 2365
  • Grumpy old fart
Re: Adventures in 3D printing SNCF rolling stock
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:29:48 pm »
Would these be any use detached from the bogies, 8 x 4wheel bogies for about £10, the same seller does Kato bogies as well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bandai-B-Train-Shorty-Truck-Set-F-N-scale/351973576080?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Cheers MIKE

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:45:06 am »
the same seller does Kato bogies as well

The seller is Plaza Japan, aka 1999.jp aka Hobby Search Japan. They sell everything that every Japanese model railway manufacturer makes, so there are hundreds of bogies, chassis and other various parts available, as well as what you see here.

Not sure what the number of items listed for N gauge is but across their whole hobby catalogue there are 380,000+ items...

Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Online woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 11:34:26 am »
They look good to me Stephen. You have captured the pent roof of the trailer car well. As a chassis I would look at the old Lima Corail Vtu75 coach, available cheaply secondhand (third or fourth hand probably) shortened at the outer ends, and with 5mm removed near the middle of the underframe. This would give you a nice array of under-gubbins on the chassis too. The coupler arm extension on the bogie could be dispensed with entirely at one end and an NEM pocket fixed to a shortened extension at the other end would give a range of coupler options.

The chassis is 165mm over buffers, and the true bogie centres are 114.4mm, although Lima use a false centre to improve cornering ability.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 03:57:04 pm by woodbury22uk »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Française des Amis du N (AFAN)

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations
Military Vehicle 3D prints

Price: £6.50
Date: 01/08/2017 01:11 pm
Time Left: 11d 17h 18m