!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Modemo tram question...  (Read 151 times)

Offline 70000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27128
    • Awards
Modemo tram question...
« on: August 06, 2017, 07:32:39 am »
Several years ago I aquired a number of Modemo Japanese outline model trams from the estate of a deceased colleague, several of which were "Interurban" style cars similar to those used in North America and fit in with my US layout (more or less - I think it is refered to as "Rule 1" on here, but "Rule 8" in G scale!).
However, I have 5 other more modern or "urban" trams that do not really fit in and I am looking at getting rid of by some means.
Having zero knowledge of Japanese model production runs, I appear to have items that fall into the "hens teeth" category, as they only appear to have been produced in limited runs in the early 2000's. A search on the net generally comes up with "sold out" for most of them!
Can anybody who has more knowledge of such things confim whether this is actually the case?

Many thanks.

Offline broadsword

• Awards
Re: Modemo tram question...
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 08:36:17 am »
You could put one on EBAY with a high reserve or buy it now price to see what happens.

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 11:34:23 am »
Les Richardson had a Tram article in a recent N Gauge Society Journal with several Modemo models featured. I seem to recall that mechanical/electrical reliability is an issue with the multi-car trams. Even so the ones I have seen on Ebay have fetched well into 3 figures in GBP.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Franšaise des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline 70000

• N Gauge Society Number: 27128
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 02:38:09 pm »
Even so the ones I have seen on Ebay have fetched well into 3 figures in GBP.

Thanks

That more or less confirms what I found earlier today - A couple of the low floor artic cars were 90 Euros, whilst the others, a high floor artic unit, a twin car set and even a single car Tokyo tram were in the US$140 area.
That's why I thought I would see if anyone on here could confirm, as those figures were significantly higher than I was expecting!
At least, with the prices I was likely to be seeking, it means they should shift rather quickly off my hands.........

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything