Pendolino interior lighting units

Started by PWayman, July 17, 2017, 09:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PWayman

One for Ben,
                   I know that the Pendolino sets are fairly imminent but will the interior lighting units be available at the same time as the Pendo sets. I have 2  9car lighting sets on order to go with my 2 Pendos ?

Also what is the characteristics of the motors in the 390's ?  I take it they are not coreless, is this correct Ben ? 

Bret.

Ben A

Hi Bret,

We are meeting Rapido this week as Jason and Gareth are in the UK to scan the prototype for their proposed 1/76 bus model.

My understanding is that those who've ordered the lighting units will receive them at or near the same time as they receive their trains.

Cheers

Ben A.

PWayman

Thanks for that Ben.     Looking forward to the trainsets coming.  Do you know the answer to the motor question ?

Bret

Ben A

Hi Bret,

I am not sure.  Strictly speaking the Pendolino is a Rapido model (since the original Kickstarter plan failed) so the motor is up to them.

In their North American range they are moving over to coreless so I suspect the Pendolino may have a coreless motor.  I will ask them when we meet up.

Cheers

Ben A.

PWayman

Hi Ben,
             Did you manage to get an answer from Rapido as to the type of motor in the Pendolino ?

Bret

Ben A

Hi Bret,

I forgot to ask, but I expect it to be coreless given what they are doing with their recent N American models.

Cheers

Ben A.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations