Have Farish missed a trick ?? Or a Tender Behind

Started by paulprice, July 09, 2017, 07:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

I cant be the only one who thinks this but has Farish missed a trick, or a load of potential sales?

Why don't they release the fantastic Deeley and Fowler tenders as separate items... just think of all those locomotives we could upgrade without having to resort to White metal kits or scratch-building.

Roy L S

Hi Paul

Spares are available from Bachmann HQ and it is quite possible that if one got damaged they could rustle you up a replacement.

Bachmann's declared position is one of not being in the spares business so the only way it might have a chance of happening would be as an individual commission.

However as a commission by someone I don't think there would be a huge market and as it would necessitate a minimum production run of 504 I just can't see it stacking up.

Regards

Roy

PLD

Quote from: paulprice on July 09, 2017, 07:41:58 PM
I cant be the only one who thinks this but has Farish missed a trick, or a load of potential sales?

Why don't they release the fantastic Deeley and Fowler tenders as separate items... just think of all those locomotives we could upgrade without having to resort to White metal kits or scratch-building.
Are there really that many locos past or present that could use a Deeley of Fowler tender??

The most obvious one is the old Farish Compound of course (but the smart money says that's going to get upgraded sometime...)
A few 8Fs ran with Fowler tenders, but there is a new one on the way, and I be surprised if a Fowler tender version isn't offered.
Some Jubilees ran with Fowler Tenders, but there is an obvious issue there in replacing the Jube's powered tender with the unpowered Fowler!
There is the old 4F I suppose, but when you consider new ones can be picked up for sub £80 (and I reckon that's not much more than twice what a separate Tender would probably retail for), why bother???
Otherwise you are looking at kit-building the loco anyway, so may as well build the matching tender kit...

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations