!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol 9F  (Read 271 times)

Offline NormanC

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol 9F
« on: June 18, 2017, 10:52:31 am »
I'd appreciate any advice in curing the apparently perennial problem of 9F derailments.

My 9F runs on Kato track and is continually derailing on points.  The centreing spring has been fitted and, when the loco is in a servicing cradle, centres the leading wheels quite nicely.  However, as soon as the loco is on the track and starting to move forwards the leading wheels visibly try to turn hard right.  On normal straights and curves this isn't a particular problem and, funnily enough, it isn't a problem on left hand points as the leading wheels follow the solid rail.  Get to a right hand point and the leading wheels immediately jump the track as there is not a solid rail to follow.  By the way, the necessary joggles have been filed in the Kato points.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Offline Tonye

• N Gauge Society Number: 11231
    • Awards
Re: Dapol 9F
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 11:13:49 am »
 :hellosign: There has been a write up about this sometime ago - by myself!. The best way to address this problem is to get a coupling spring and cut a third off , then you need to super glue this to the pony truck making sure that it is fixed dead centre, then glue to underside of your loco. It does work , I`ve repaired all 6 of mine and the running has improved by 90%. There may be some pictures in my gallery, feel free to PM me if you need any advice . good luck Tony..   
Tonye

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Dapol 9F
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 11:34:35 am »
Welcome to the NGF, Norman! You'll find heaps of advice and tips here.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here