RIP- Chris Jackson (cjaxon)

Started by StufromEGDL, May 30, 2017, 07:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StufromEGDL

Hi All,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, and you may have already heard......but I have today been informed by Mrs Chris Jackson that Chris, her husband passed away suddenly but peacefully in his sleep last night. She got in touch with me as obviously I dealt with Chris a great deal, and she has asked me to pass on the sad news.
Chris was on a second lease of life , having moved to Ireland and was in the middle of furnishing a good sized railway room and was enthusiastic about his project. He had a great sense of humour and showed extreme kindness to all. He had found his soulmate in his partner, Chris in recent years, and a happier couple I could not imagine. His passing is a loss to the N Gauge hobby, even though he wasn't a great participant in this and other forums.

I don't have any more details to offer at the moment, but I'll be sure to pass your condolences on should you wish me to.

Sincerest Regards,
Stu from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

Ben A

Hello all,

I am very sorry to read this.

Chris was a familiar and cheery face at shows, and often made the effort to come over from Ireland to get to TINGS or Warley.

He always had plenty to say and was very supportive of N Gauge and enjoyed bringing us up to date on his plans for his new railway, which I believe was to be based on the GW Mainline out of Paddington.

Deepest condolences to his widow and other family members.

Ben A.

Steamie+

@StufromEGDL So sorry to hear of this members sad demise, it's a lose it seems to our hobby has it always is when someone like him pass's away.

Please give my sincere condolences to Chris, she will be in my prayers.   :(

NTrain

I am sorry to hear this sad news.

Tank

Sorry to hear this.  Please pass my condolences to his family.

Mirrlees

Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations