Mr and Mrs Skyline and the Rocky Mountaineer

Started by Skyline2uk, May 28, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

Good afternoon all

So, we did it. Myself and the (now official) Mrs Skyline were married in Somerset on the 6th May.

It was a fabulous day and we have many great memories (and many thank yous to write) from the day.

The following day, we drove across to Heathrow and shortly thereafter flew out on BA A380 "LEI" to Vancouver in great comfort in business class. One of the best men gets a mention here as he sorted this as a superb surprise for us (and on the way home too!).

After a few days in the city, we boarded the Rocky Mountaineer (after being asked to sound the horn in the leaving ceremony!) and spent two days traveling through the most amazing landscapes I have ever seen.

As a bonus, I got to take many photos of trains, and I am now a card-carrying fan of both Canadian National and Canadian Pacific railways (plus the Mountaineer, of course!). Here are some photos and videos for your review...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gbu4pu1ytlvefh3/P1000575.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9vvfjb731u425b/P1000605.MOV?dl=0

And finally; we brought home many souvenirs, but my personal favourite is my very own H0 Rocky Mountaineer GP40.

Yes I know, not N gauge, and no, I am not defecting. It was in fact Mrs Skyline who was very keen to get one of these (I didn't take much persuading) so we can find a nice little case and have it on our mantle in the front room. Nice  :D

Skyline2uk 

port perran

Fantastic trip and many congrats on the wedding.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

RailGooner

Congratulations Mr & Mrs Skyline! :toot:

Thanks for sharing some memories of your fantastic honeymoon. :beers:

austinbob

Congratulations Skyline and missus. Great photos. Hope you had continuous loop train ferrying glasses of champagne round at the reception.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Mito

Lovely photos and videos. Congratulations. I hope you realise  that you are now totally controlled! I've been for 47 years and enjoying it. :thumbsup:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Mito on May 28, 2017, 06:04:33 PM
Lovely photos and videos. Congratulations. I hope you realise  that you are now totally controlled! I've been for 47 years and enjoying it. :thumbsup:

Totally analogue control of course! Not yet gone digital  ;)

Quote from: austinbob on May 28, 2017, 05:59:58 PM
Congratulations Skyline and missus. Great photos. Hope you had continuous loop train ferrying glasses of champagne round at the reception.
:beers:

Didn't manage that, but had aircraft themed tables  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

daffy

Congratulations to you and Mrs Skyline. :thumbsup:

What a wonderful way to start a marriage.

Btw, did they mind you climbing on the roof of the train, James Bond style, to take the 2nd of those RM pics? ;)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: daffy on May 28, 2017, 07:30:38 PM
Congratulations to you and Mrs Skyline. :thumbsup:

What a wonderful way to start a marriage.

Btw, did they mind you climbing on the roof of the train, James Bond style, to take the 2nd of those RM pics? ;)

Lol, whilst that would be cool, photo was actually taken from the top deck of our carriage  :D

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Congratulations Adam and Mrs Skyline. Looks like a fantastic trip after being 'close-coupled'  ::)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Trainfish on May 28, 2017, 07:51:42 PM
Congratulations Adam and Mrs Skyline. Looks like a fantastic trip after being 'close-coupled'  ::)

:doh: :laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Hearty congratulations on getting spliced, Adam and presumably, erm, Eve.
Hope you enjoyed those spare ribs in the dining car on the RM express - you might need the odd one ;)

dannyboy

Congratulations to you both and some fabulous pictures. The 'Rocky Mountaineer' is one trip I would love to make - but I am not getting married again!  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bob Tidbury

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Skyline .
Some superb photos I would love to have a trip on the Rocky Mountaineer but the closest I will get is watching a video or DVD .it would have been nice to have seen a photo of you and Mrs Skyline by the side of the train
Bob Tidbury.

Hailstone

Congratulations to you both, looks like it was a wonderful trip

Regards,

Alex

bridgiesimon

typical, feeling grumpy and depressed as my sister is at this moment in the O2 arene listening to Iron Maiden so I come on here to cheer up and read this dream of a lifetime trip you are having. Now feeling even ore depressed!!

Seriously though, congrats on the marriage and I really do hope you are having a most amazing time..
best wishes
Simon

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations