What’s your latest “Loco and Rolling Stock” or item for your use !!

Started by Steamie+, May 21, 2017, 09:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Bowden

Quote from: silly moo on June 09, 2017, 04:34:21 PM

I got this little beauty at a local swapmeet for the equivalent of £56 DCC fitted, it runs beautifully and I'm really pleased with it. The only snag was not knowing what model of decoder it was and what the address was. In the end I removed the decoder and put it into another loco. I will wait till someone at our club can help.
:NGaugersRule:
Try this link it shows decoder identification and how to reset to default settings (usually set CV8 to 8).

https://www.nmra.org/sites/default/files/sr201402_dcc.pdf

Steamie+

The "CRAB" is back from @Only Me and what a great job he has done with it, it runs great and the service is also great, and a bonus he painted the little bits on the Tender.

She looks good doesn't she....  :) :)

Steamie+

Two more came on the day i was leaving for my holidays,

This little Class 04,

And this Class 55 DELTIC for which i have been after for a long time,

I got them both from Hattons cheap on a deal they were offering me because of my recent purchase from them.

I will be wanting the 04 to be chipped hopefully and i have a decoder for the DELTIC, so hopefully i can run them both DCC'd.    :) :)

Steamie+

These also came this morning, only ordered them Friday morning, 2nd hand again so i will be hoping to get them both chipped and serviced again by @Only Me. He did a great job on my "CRAB".

DUCHESS CLASS "CITY OF HEREFORD" LMS

And this little beauty, a Jubilee "RENOWN" LMS,

Only thing is i think the Tender hook up is a little bit old fashioned and a bit hard to join up, oh well not to worry, for £65 for both it will do me, unless a member can come up with something to connect them permanently.  :) :)

ntpntpntp

Quote from: Steamie+ on June 24, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

Only thing is i think the [Peco Jubilee] Tender hook up is a little bit old fashioned and a bit hard to join up, oh well not to worry, for £65 for both it will do me, unless a member can come up with something to connect them permanently.  :) :)

Really?  I've always found them simple to connect, and of course remember it's also carrying power pick-ups from one side of the loco wheels (the opposite side to the tender pickups) 

Look after the old Jube, a classic model of it's time. Check the tender underframe/keeper-plate isn't breaking down with fatigue, and don't overload it as the motor commutators have been known to melt and deform if overheated. Tricky to get another motor these days.
Nick.   2021 celebrating the 25th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50050.0

Steamie+

Quote from: ntpntpntp on June 24, 2017, 10:16:08 PM
Quote from: Steamie+ on June 24, 2017, 09:38:24 PM

Only thing is i think the [Peco Jubilee] Tender hook up is a little bit old fashioned and a bit hard to join up, oh well not to worry, for £65 for both it will do me, unless a member can come up with something to connect them permanently.  :) :)

Really?  I've always found them simple to connect, and of course remember it's also carrying power pick-ups from one side of the loco wheels (the opposite side to the tender pickups) 

Look after the old Jube, a classic model of it's time. Check the tender underframe/keeper-plate isn't breaking down with fatigue, and don't overload it as the motor commutators have been known to melt and deform if overheated. Tricky to get another motor these days.

Thanks for your reply ntpntpntp, i have only said it's a bit hard because i haven't seen one like it before and i only did it once too run it on my running in track to see how she ran.

I will look after her i assure you, she is a fine looking loco isn't she.     :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations