!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Port Perran/Trepol Bay  (Read 13252 times)

JohnN, Mito, Chris in Prague, weave and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Port Perran/Trepol Bay
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2017, 12:22:12 pm »
Having received a tax refund, I have succumbed and bought an identical Dapol 6803 "Bucklebury Grange" (the cheapest I could find was at Rails of Sheffield) which will become, after DCC-fitting, St. Blazey's 6875 "Hindford Grange" which was photographed, in 1962, at Penzance looking immaculate. However, it will not be in service, here, until July at the earliest.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2017, 06:21:17 pm »
Excellent photo's martin, have not seen that view before I don't think, but do like the cameo of the pigs & deer - another big plus from joining the 2 layouts

Offline port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2017, 08:29:41 pm »
Beautiful day here so we took the opportunity to drive over to Daymer Bay then managed a ling walk to the Rumps and back.
On returning home the late evening sun was streaming through the train room window illuminating Trepol Bay harbour so I couldn't resist this photo:

It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2017, 08:40:13 pm »
Great pic, Martin.
It could even be a full moon helping light the smugglers' way whilst the village sleeps :)

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2017, 09:04:20 pm »
Great pic, Martin.
It could even be a full moon helping light the smugglers' way whilst the village sleeps :)
Thanks Mick, I hadn't thought of that scenarion.
Maybe the smugglers have arrived by rowing boat and will make their getaway in the 04!
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline trkilliman

• N Gauge Society Number: 16855
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 09:27:39 pm »
That's another nice picture Martin.

Online Mito

• N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 09:42:06 pm »
A super photo. Moonlight, I think too. Just right for "evil deeds"! :uneasy:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2017, 10:30:52 pm »
Hello Really superb photo Martin, thanks for sharing
     regards Derek.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2017, 06:37:56 am »
A really superb photo. The lighting really shows how good the harbour walls look. The whole scene is highly realistic. Very very good indeed.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2017, 01:50:46 pm »
Thanks everyone.
It really is all natural light. I caught it just right with lvery late bright sunlight flooding in the window and creating the shadows.
My Layouts -

Steamie+

« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2017, 05:29:10 pm »
Thatís a brilliant photo Martin and the weathering of the harbour must be the best i have ever seen  :claphappy: :claphappy:, the algae is brilliant, just makes me want to go crabbing there with the Grandkids mate.

I want to see your layout even more now Martin, must get to see you when we plan a trip down your way.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2017, 05:57:23 pm »
Ah now there's s thought.
I haven't got a little lad with a crabline. I'll see what I can do in a day or so.
Yes, you are very welcome if ever you make it to Cornwall.
My Layouts -

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2017, 08:35:22 pm »
Saturday  May 27th 1962.
Cornwall have made it to the final of Rugby Union's County Championship having defeated Lancashire 29-27 in a fiercely competitive match at The Redruth Ground (known locally as Hellfire Corner).
Cornwall has a proud rugby tradition but have only won the County Championship once (in 1908) although they have been beaten finalists a few times - most recently in 1958 so are keen for more success.
Cornwall's opponents are to be Gloucestershire who won the toss of a coin to stage the final at their home ground of Kingsholm in Gloucester itself.
Such is the enthusiasm for rugby in Cornwall thar demand for tickets is huge. As a result BR are putting on a number of special trains, mostly running via the GWR main line to Gloucester picking up at all stations within Cornwall. To avoid congestion on the main line, some trains will run from Penzance and take the old LSWR route via Port Perran and Trepol Bay then onto Wadebridge and into Devon. It is expected that 3 trains will take this route.
Edward Travallion  and his two sons, Michael (known locally as Mad Mike) and Thomas who live  at Carn Elliott Farm near to Port Perran are keen rugby fans and are booked onto the second train on the saturday due to pick up at Port Perran at 08.12 arriving Gloucester at 13.05 in plenty of time for a bevvy or two before the 3-00 kick off.
No one could have imagined the drama that was to unfold that day..............
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 07:34:36 pm by port perran »
My Layouts -

Offline Innovationgame

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2017, 09:01:07 pm »
We wait with baited breath!
With kind regards
Laurence

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2017, 09:05:36 pm »
Sounds fascinating, Martin. As might be expected, Captain Jeremy Corentyn Cador and his navy friends as well as Giles Roskrow, the Chelsea wine importer (ex-SAS) and some of his old Hereford comrades, who are staying at Trevelver Castle on a 'shooting holiday', are also very keen amateur rugby players and have reserved seats to / from Wadebridge in the Restaurant First Open next to the Buffet Car on the the second train on the Saturday. Return tickets have been bought through from Cant Cove. The boys will catch the BR SR service (7.32 from Penmayne), Cant Cove (arrive 7.36, 7.38 depart) due in Wadebridge at 7.45, an N 2-6-0 with a Maunsell 2P set plus an extra Maunsell SK, which should allow plenty of time to catch the Rugby Special. Fresh bacon sandwiches and coffee have been ordered from "The Railway Hotel" opposite Cant Cove station to be delivered at 7.35 sharp on the platform. The weather forecast is set fair. The passengers are looking forward to enjoying the prize-winning local draught ales (provided at a specially reduced price in the buffet car on each train by the directors of both Castle and Headland Breweries) on the way to the match. The friends will be pacing themselves on the long journey in anticipation of some beers with friends in a pub near the match ground before the match.

The "Chelsea Girls", knowing well that this is a strictly males only occasion, will be heading for their favourite secluded cove near Trevone for a leisurely picnic, some (mostly bikini-clad) sunbathing and paperback reading. However, Monique, the brunette French model prefers an all-over tan whilst Susan (having seen infinitely far worse things in her travels in space and time with her grandfather) is completely unconcerned about going without clothes on a secluded beach with her female friends.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 05:15:06 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything