!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: I'm in trouble now! First sound Loco...amazing!  (Read 231 times)

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
I'm in trouble now! First sound Loco...amazing!
« on: April 24, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »
This beauty just came in the mail today:

Amazingly...and I didn't believe it until it did it...it has sound in DC. Sound, flashing lights, great scale-speeds.

I can't afford this lifestyle! I've already targeted some of my analogue to sell. I'm so far into the red!!  :ngauge:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: I'm in trouble now! First sound Loco...amazing!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »
Nice! Bit earlier than my knowledge extends, never heard of Pere Marquette, is it an E7?

I dangerously searched eBay for UP C44-9Ws the other day, luckily the prices weren't good, so my US collection been kept at bay for now!

Offline Delboy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 08:17:23 pm »
Hi scottmitchell74,
I can sympathise with you as I too am now hooked on DCC sound having recently had my Royal Scot converted by S.H. Model Making. Simon made a great job of it. Sounds amazing and I will look forward to tweaking the CV's to synch the chuffing. As I am a novice when it comes to CV's, I may be needing some advice with that eventually.
Delboy.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 08:53:21 pm »
This beauty just came in the mail today:

Amazingly...and I didn't believe it until it did it...it has sound in DC. Sound, flashing lights, great scale-speeds.

I can't afford this lifestyle! I've already targeted some of my analogue to sell. I'm so far into the red!!  :ngauge:

That's why I chose N gauge, easier to hide rolling stock from the bailiffs.

Nice looking loco.

I know nothing of American railroads let alone Pere Marquette but google/ wikied it to save others the trouble. Interesting,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pere_Marquette_Railway

Cheers weave  :beers:

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:34 pm »
Nice! Bit earlier than my knowledge extends, never heard of Pere Marquette, is it an E7?

I dangerously searched eBay for UP C44-9Ws the other day, luckily the prices weren't good, so my US collection been kept at bay for now!

Yep! E7  - good job on the NA stock!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 09:50:29 pm »
A nice looking loco in a handsome livery Scott. I have two E8s also from Broadway Limited, one with sound and one now without. If yours is like mine, you will note that the casing near the back gets very warm. I was assured by Broadway Limited that this is normal. Unfortunately, about 6 months ago one of the locos just emitted a puff of smoke accompanied by a popping sound. The hot component had destructed. That was the end of that loco's life as DCC with sound and it is now a DC loco. I hope that doesn't happen to yours or to my other one.

But, sound is terrific as you say. I'd like more but sound does add lots of $$$s.

Webbo

Offline mr magnolia

• N Gauge Society Number: 20060
  • 2mm Association Number: 4735
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 12:47:40 pm »
What a lovely looking machine Scott!
I've heard the Road name before but I think assumed it was somewhere down by New Orleans. Crying shame that Weave's link tells me it really occupies the same space in part as my own PJNC Railroad - but whew! - 6 axle locos cannot run on my rails due to tight bends. That's a let off.
Enjoy.

Donald

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
July Donations

Advertise Here