What are you modelling?

Started by guest2, November 26, 2010, 09:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris in Prague

No, Chris. That would make the rails sticky and a waste of a reasonable tasty beverage!  :beers:

I'm sure you really know but just in case anyone isn't sure, the stuff mentioned is Isopropyl alcohol which is definitely not anything like the beer.  :sick2:

Dave G
[/quote]

I guessed it wasn't India Pale Ale but coming back to N Gauge modelling after a 30 year hiatus, and not being a chemist, I HAD wondered what IPA was.

daveg

It's great stuff for cleaning but keep it away from anything precious as it will take the paint off in a blink!

Best that you wipe if not wash your hands after using it.

Dave G

pookies2007

I am modelling a Devon ex GWR Branch line in the early 1950's which I remember as a schoolboy. The model village is the terminus station situated somewhere between Plymouth and Exeter

ParkeNd

For me it is Parkend on the old Severn and Wye Railway. I have chosen a track plan from 1922 with a couple of bits that were on the 1875 track plan which make it all the more interesting operationally. The idea of mineral and goods trains running across roads and past peoples houses suits a model train layout just fine.

AndyGif

Quote from: ParkeNd on November 13, 2013, 10:01:04 AM
For me it is Parkend on the old Severn and Wye Railway. I have chosen a track plan from 1922 with a couple of bits that were on the 1875 track plan which make it all the more interesting operationally. The idea of mineral and goods trains running across roads and past peoples houses suits a model train layout just fine.
The Forest and Gloucestershire in general are quite well represented in the mineral/coal wagon rtr market.
I think i've managed to get almost everything currently available with a Forest/Gloucestershire usage.
If you get bored of it you can always rip up the track and then come back to it in a few years time, relay some of  the track and run it as a preserved line. :smiley-laughing:

ParkeNd

Quote from: AndyGif on November 13, 2013, 11:08:17 AM
Quote from: ParkeNd on November 13, 2013, 10:01:04 AM
The Forest and Gloucestershire in general are quite well represented in the mineral/coal wagon rtr market.
I think i've managed to get almost everything currently available with a Forest/Gloucestershire usage.
If you get bored of it you can always rip up the track and then come back to it in a few years time, relay some of  the track and run it as a preserved line. :smiley-laughing:

I am fortunate to live just the other side of the Wye about twenty minutes from Parkend so I have been able to visit and take hundreds of photographs to assist me. Sitting on the bench with your back to the Fountain Inn overflow car park with the station goods shed in front of you it is very hard to reconcile that with the images of Castlemain Colliery, Pricess Royal Colliery, The Iron Works and it's three blast furnaces, and the Tin Plate Works in front of you, and then having locos hauling trucks from the lumber yard, stone masons, and minerals coming right past your left ear and across the road. The current setting with the preserved Dean Forest Railway is sylvain but not chocolate box artificial like the New Forest - a world apart from what was quite heavy industry 100 years ago.

I have one or two  FOD Peco open wagons - who does more?

LNER1949

Newportnobby

Good work :thumbsup:
Is there any way you can sit the building into the platform maybe by cutting out the platform surface?

LNER1949

Yes it is ready to fix on the surface, as I still need to repaint some of the stonework and may add lighting out and in the building, hence why it's not fix down just yet.

Komata

What am I modelling?

1. Part of a Branch line on a mythical 'Common Carrier' railway that runs in New Zealand's King Country region of the country's North Island.

2.  A large-scale gold-mining operation located 'somewhere' on New Zealand's Coromandel Penisula.

Both are NZN- Freelance , with the ruling scale being 1: 148.

Thanks for asking.

Komata

"TVR - serving the Northern Taranaki ..."
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

talisman56

What am I modelling?

I have acquired a part-completed layout from a former member of the MRC I am a member of. End-to-end on three 48"x18" boards, track laid and wired, some scenery work done.

Now set up in the garage. When I cleaned the track up and tested, one section is dead and one point refuses to throw (the point motor makes a noise, so it isn't that), so a bit of electrical work to start with...

Layout is called Dunestone, I am intending to develop it as a port/holiday resort 'somewhere on the south coast between Weymouth and Dover'.

Some pictures follow:

Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

Newportnobby

Looks like the basis for an interesting layout. Keep us posted on your progress please :thumbsup:

LNER1949

Here is another view of Nawton Station I'm moderling, almost completed apart from a few fidderly bits & pices to fill in. This line in North Yorkshire ran in the Vale of Mowbray, Ryedale area between Helmsley-Kirkbymoorside, which connected from Pilmoor to Scarborough on the north side from Gilling,the southern rote took you to Malton.
This view is as sen from the north of the station from the warehouse(still standing as a carpet store, was a MAFF warehouse) will post a picture later, this is the view of the coal drops that laid along the north side of the station line.

Thanks for your views too.

eric the viking

Hi. Just a simple request. I am building my first N gauge, somewhere Southern but need the footprint dimensions of the Ratio concrete footbridge before I purchase one if anyone has them. Thankyou.

scotsoft

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations