PROJECT RAILWAY HONOUR BREAKS COVER

Started by acko22, September 11, 2016, 08:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Quote from: Ben A on November 28, 2016, 02:37:14 PM
Hello all,

Gareth has told me about a couple of comments that were made to him.  I am posting what follows on RM Web too.

It seems very sad to me that such a wonderfully altruistic and inspiring project should be leading to unfounded rumours and negativity, and it almost beggars belief that I have to write this, but for avoidance of doubt and to scotch any more of this nonsense let me just say this...

..Cheers

Ben A.

Very well said Ben. It does indeed beggar belief that anyone could in anyway deride or besmirch Project Railway Honour, the causes it supports, or the noble folk enabling it. I would go so far as to say that attacking any of the above in such a despicable and cowardly fashion is to attack those honoured by Project Railway Honour. Disgraceful indeed.

The irony of Project Railway Honour existing to honour and support those whose sacrifice allow these worms the freedom to spin their malicious bile, will be beyond the wit of their feeble minds.

Smiffy

@acko22

Please ignore the trolls and misinformed, there will always be a naysayer lurking under a stone.

It is disappointing to have allegations thrown around against such a worthy cause, but anyone who has heard you talk about PRH and read the lengths to which you have gone to get to this stage cannot fail to respect what you, Revolution, Dapol & Freightliner have done.

All the best

Iain

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang;

I can only echo Ben's sentiments about Project Railway Honour. As a fellow serviceman, I know how difficult it is to garner support for such an innovative fund raising campaign...and the doubters in Industry and the Military will have gone over Gareth's proposal with a fine tooth comb. There are many so called charities out there who siphon off funds to shareholders, 'costs' and entertaining....this is certainly not one of them. 
Gareth's moral courage and integrity at pushing this project forward is to be commended and admired.

I have promised to buy one of the models from him, and I hope pre-sales at Warley were encouraging. I'm sure that more people will commit once they see pics of the pre-production sample or the finished product.

I also congratulate Dapol, Freightliner and Revolution for their foresight and support of one of Her Majesty's servicemen.

Later;
Stu from EGDL

A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

acko22

Hi all,

Ok firstly thank you for your support after these accusations have been made, as Ben stated so well if their was even a inkling of foul play would all these individual organisations they even entertain the idea?

While I am still angry about these comments, all of the people involved in this project continue to support this project and all are of a higher morale standing than the party wish decided to spread these foul accusations, to draw a line under this if this party chooses to continue I am sure some of my friends who have received help from ABF - The Soldiers Charity will happily beat then with their prosthetic limbs!!

Ok back to what this thread should be about I am just starting to populate the order list from the weekend and carry out some admin, then once I have done so I am going to get some pictures taken and up online of the first sample.
Then I think it will be an early night! Something about the 0430 alarm call on Sunday and the not so warm floor when my snoring, farting and dribbling in a hotel lobby stole the last of my already slim dignity!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

acko22

Hi All,

Ok firstly a pic from the weekend one of the few opportunities I had all weekend to get off the stand and I borrowed the head board from the LMS PATRIOT PROJECT

And now onto the first sample and please excuse the not so great pictures I have taken them on my tablet so not the greatest!

Each model is coming in a specially designed card outer sleeve for the project and will also have a certificate with each model although to see one of the certificates you will just have to buy a model!

There are a few small issues with this first sample which has already been fired off to China for them to work on and improve, but that's why you ask for samples to check.

When I get hold of an actual camera and maybe something a little more scenic I will take some better pics.

Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

dannyboy

Small issues aside, it certainly looks a very nice model. Roll on dispatch day  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Claude Dreyfus

I am really sorry to hear about those rumours. One hopes this has had no impact on your project.

The model looks very impressive though...quite tempting really!

acko22

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on November 28, 2016, 09:09:08 PM
I am really sorry to hear about those rumours. One hopes this has had no impact on your project.

The model looks very impressive though...quite tempting really!

Well like the Flying Money Pit Scotsman did with its visit to the states back in the day you could always claim "PATRIOT" has had the same treatment for a visit to JAPAN  :D

Claude Dreyfus

You'd be amazed to discover what interesting bits and pieces made their way to Japan under the radar  :D

woodbury22uk

Thanks for the pictures Gareth. Looks just like the one I had in my hands on Saturday. Glad I have one ordered, and looking forward to it arriving.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Mustermark

Gareth, the pics look great. Just like the real thing!

Very sorry to hear about the rumours.  After a couple of PMs we exchanged a couple of years ago regarding donations to the British Legion, I have no doubts whatsoever about your integrity and I had no qualms at all placing my order for a Patriot.

Ben wrote so eloquently on the subject and his feelings come through very well in his understated prose. I think we all share that indignation on your behalf.  It is sad that Ben had to detail his own contribution to the project; it is, I suspect, anathema to him to do so.

I sincerely hope that the support you find here on the forum goes a little way to making you feel better about the situation and giving you back the pride and the joy in your achievement.

I eagerly await the next loco announcement... with credit card at the ready, and without any hesitation.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Vonzack

Hi Gareth,

A shame to hear about the comments, but there are far more people on here and other forums who think you are doing fantastic work.

My order has been placed.

Cheers, Mark.

RailGooner

Quote from: acko22 on November 28, 2016, 08:57:13 PM
..There are a few small issues with this first sample which has already been fired off to China for them to work on and improve, but that's why you ask for samples to check...
Hi Gareth, can you confirm that one of the issues to be corrected is the colour of the buffer beam?

acko22

Yeah the buffers are obe of the issues while in appearance its a big issues I have been assured that having them black as the real PATRIOT is will not be an issue.
This error was noted by Dapol the moment it arrived and has already been sent to china to make sure they get it right.

Cheers

Garetg

acko22

Hi all,

Just to keep you up to date and not to think I have dropped off the end of the world sales are still on going at:

http://www.revolutiontrains.com/product/dapol-66418-patriot-limited-edition/

I am trying to get round to updating things on the website, but like many of you in the build up to Christmas things have got mental at work so not getting a chance to literally its work and sleep right now but I should get a chance to this weekend all things been equal!

Thanks

Gareth

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations