!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Is this a Lemke (Kato) limited edition dummy locomotive?  (Read 395 times)

Offline G_N_E_R

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I enjoy cigars, scotch, polo and N gauge
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Is this a Lemke (Kato) limited edition dummy locomotive?
« on: July 18, 2016, 11:42:18 pm »
Hello All, I'd like to know if anyone can tell me anything about a certain model I acquired many years ago in Stuttgart. To my knowledge Kato produced both the TGV POS and ICE 3 dummy cars to celebrate the TGV runnings to Stuttgart and later Frankfurt (stuttgart services now continue on till Munich and are mainly serviced my Duplex's.) There is very little information on these available so I'd thought I'd turn to the forum. I shall try to attach pictures.

Any help or info is more than welcome!
Regards Phil

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
Re: Is this a Lemke (Kato) limited edition dummy locomotive?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 12:27:09 am »
It's possible, I've seen a dummy German locomotive produced to commemorate European some ball-orientated sports event on sale in the Kato shop here in similar packaging.

Edit: actually it was probably this ICE3 dummy: http://www.popondetta.jp/asp/cgi-bin/shop.php?forward=gds_inf&stock_no=571E0101G3100256
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:29:16 am by railsquid »
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline G_N_E_R

• I enjoy cigars, scotch, polo and N gauge
    • Facebook
    • Instagram
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Is this a Lemke (Kato) limited edition dummy locomotive?
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:44:12 am »
Hello @railsquid, certainly looks like the ICE 3 that was vinyl wrapped for the women's world cup in Germany. Here is the only picture I can source of the TGV and ICE. (at such a brief glance it looks more plain as opposed to being covered in footballs?)

Regards Phil

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here