!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Fleischmann coaches wanted  (Read 304 times)

Offline Paul B

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19167
    • Awards
Fleischmann coaches wanted
« on: June 22, 2016, 03:03:23 pm »
Just posting this here as well as the 'Wanted' section, to get the most coverage! I doubt whether anyone will have any, but it also asks for people to let me know if they see any for sale anywhere.

Some years ago, Fleischmann did a few coaches from the Berlin-Warsaw express - "Berlin-Warszawa-Express" run by the PKP (Polish State Railways) from (you've guessed it!) Berlin to Warsaw. When they were available, I didn't have the money to buy any, as they were around 40 each. Now that I have some money (and yep - you've guessed it again!) they seem to have disappeared off everyones shelves! Just as an example, here is the discontinued page from Bourton Model Railways site - http://www.bourtonmodelrailway.co.uk/fleischmann-861306-compartment-coach-2nd-category-berlinwarszawaexpress-the-pkp.ir

The model numbers were 861105, 861605, 861305, 861306 and 861405 (from the Fleischmann 2011-12 catalogue.) I have yet to try e-mailing Fleischmann direct to see if they have any hidden away on the corner of a warehouse, but I understand that they don't keep much of a stock anymore, so I don't know if it is worth it. I have e-mailed shops - even one in Malaysia whose website showed them for sale - but they said that they didn't have any left, and the website was wrong.

SO - if anyone happens to see these for sale in a dusty corner of any shop that they happen to be browsing in - please let me know where they are and how much the shop want for them!

Thanks for any help that anyone can give me! Dziękuję bardzo!
LNER (and PKP) fan in the home of the GWR!

Online railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
Re: Fleischmann coaches wanted
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 04:52:19 pm »
Many's the time I've seen these trundle through Berlin, I've never stumbled across them in model form but will keep an eye out.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything