Farish new announcements 2016/17

Started by bluedepot, February 29, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on March 01, 2016, 06:34:59 PM
Could the investigations and polls from Revolution have convinced Farish that a modern EMU is worth pursuing still? Indeed, could it be that there has been sufficient interest to get a Pendolino and the 320/321 off the ground in N gauge, that has lead to the 319 being announced?

I don't believe in coincidence and the 319 can be reissued in so many liveries.

sparky

A little disappointed that there are no dcc ready peaks planned

gc4946

Quote from: gc4946 on March 01, 2016, 05:08:02 PM
I welcome the 319 - most certainly remember them when they first appeared on BR, whether I actually buy any is another point.

By the time the 319's released, it might cost about £200 RRP!

371-431A Cross Country and 371-427A South West Trains 2-car 170s are priced (for now) at £169.95 RRP.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Chris

20205 & 20227 - guess what I've done already....

My wish has been granted with the Colas Fugly though... (and hopefully the Dapol 68 very shortly!)

Adam1701D

Quote from: gc4946 on March 01, 2016, 06:56:18 PM
Quote from: gc4946 on March 01, 2016, 05:08:02 PM
I welcome the 319 - most certainly remember them when they first appeared on BR, whether I actually buy any is another point.

By the time the 319's released, it might cost about £200 RRP!

371-431A Cross Country and 371-427A South West Trains 2-car 170s are priced (for now) at £169.95 RRP.

I am starting to worry that the eye-watering price increases are going to put people off the hobby. £170 for a 2-car DMU which uses old tooling, has no lighting, is not DCC-ready and has virtually no separate detail is really taking the p..roverbial!  :veryangry:
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

Skyline2uk

Having just seen the RRP for the NSE 08, I have to agree with my learned colleague above  :(

Skyline2uk

Roy L S

I would even six months ago have said that the 319 would never happen, but I think the RevolutioN Pendolino may have been seen as something of an enabler, especially with the 321 also in the offing. Good to see Network Southeast being acknowledged too and it has to be said smart use of existing models to facilitate it.

Thin pickings were predicted by many, me included but I have to say I'm not unduly bothered. I will definitely have a late crest Ivatt, the £5 price hike was expected and not in my humble opinion too outrageous. Good to see a weathered version too.

Disappointing that the J72 is still not even at the drawing stage, I wonder if Dapol are now rueing their decision to pull their version.

Also a shame the 40 isn't closer, but hopefully when it does arrive it will have sound on board.

I don't think I'm going to bother to dial in for the announcements next year though...

Roy

Karhedron

Moving on to the scenic items, I am pleased to see the tenement block backs coming to N gauge. They are lovely models although I have a feeling they will be prohibitively expensive for the length that I would like.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Karhedron

Quote from: captainelectra on March 01, 2016, 04:53:23 PM
Farish have sensibly chosen the three most popular liveries with NSE, Thameslink (which version?) and Northern.
The RMWeb announcement does not say but the Farish website has a picture with this livery up.

Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Adam1701D

That's my favourite iteration of Thameslink livery. Should look really good.
Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

jpendle

I'm gobsmacked by the 319. I'll need these for my North West layout, course by the time I get one they will have awarded a new franchise!

It also means that my 321 purchase will now be strictly rule 1.

Just need Dapol to get the Pacer done and someone (Revolution, hint, hint) to do a 185, and then all the passenger stock for my layout will be done.

I don't get why there aren't more reliveries, where is the 150 in Northern or another DRS 66?

John P

Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

ScottyStitch

Quote from: jpendle on March 01, 2016, 09:15:28 PM
I'm gobsmacked by the 319. I'll need these for my North West layout, course by the time I get one they will have awarded a new franchise!

It also means that my 321 purchase will now be strictly rule 1.

Just need Dapol to get the Pacer done and someone (Revolution, hint, hint) to do a 185, and then all the passenger stock for my layout will be done.

I don't get why there aren't more reliveries, where is the 150 in Northern or another DRS 66?

John P

It's probably down to production slots. The factory doesn't just produce 'toys' for Farish, they have many contracts, so Farish need to pick the slots carefully, as does every other manufacturer. I guess they just try to strike a cost effective balance....

MJKERR

Quote from: Only Me on March 01, 2016, 12:44:09 PM
371-170                Class 37/4 No. 37422 'Robert F. Fairlie' in Regional Railways livery             
374-017               BR Mark 1 TSO in Regional Railways livery
374-194               BR Mark 1 BSK in Regional Railways livery

IN THE DRAWING OFFICE
These items are at the design stage. From the CAD drawings produced, the toolmakers will begin turning them into EP samples. The following items are currently at this stage:
BR Mark 2F Coaches

The 37/4 in Regional Railways is probably my only choice
The main issue is the coaches, not quite accurate for Scotland

The Mark 2F coaches are now going backwards, the last time I had spoken Bachmann they had produced samples but then discovered they had used the wrong drawings!

Newportnobby

Time was I'd have purchased the latest issues of the green class 24, 25 and 37 in addition to those I already have, along with a nice green 'City of Edinburgh' and the late crest Ivatt 2MT but sadly unexpected expenses on the home front and the anticipated release prices of these locos means none of them will be bought.

bluedepot

What do the night mail and day at the races train sets comprise of???  anyone know?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations