Farish new announcements 2016/17

Started by bluedepot, February 29, 2016, 08:02:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skyline2uk

QuoteMight not be out of the realms of possibility for them to announce a 92, now that the Pendo and the 321 are realities?

You know that crossed my mind, I had a conversation on the Facebook group about the 92 being just about the only mainline modern loco not available in RTR (aside from CJM).

I hear conflicting rumours about Dapol progressing CAD for theirs or not.

Ok, that topic needs its own thread / continued thread.

I will finish by saying I will be astonished if a Farish 92 is announced.

Skyline2uk

johnlambert

As others have said, I don't think there will be many completely new items announced this year (to arrive who knows when).

Common themes from previous years include re-tooled stuff that was in the old Poole range and scaled down stuff from last year's Bachmann OO announcements. 

The LMS 8F and Crab both seem like prime candidates for updating, could they share some parts (e.g. tenders) with existing Farish items like the 4F or Class 5/Jubilee/Scott?

The GWR 94xx (I think) pannier tank was announced for Bachmann last year so I think that's in with a chance.  I'd like to see a re-tooled GWR Large Prarie but I'm not holding my breath.

Another thing I'd love to see is the forthcoming Class 117 DMU shrunk to N gauge but I don't know if the economics of producing a 3-car DMU would make it too expensive for the market (I noticed that last year's 101 and 108 variants were all 2-car units).

Hopefully we will also get some new liveries for existing coaches (Hawksworths in BR Maroon and BR Mk1 firsts and catering vehicles in Intercity are top of my wish list).

Not long until we find out...

JasonBz

Plenty of NSE colour about ....

and I see the Class 25 done as 25 225 - a St Blazey regualar in the late 70s :)

Triple pack of china clay wagons (no hoods) in GWR grey livery - could be handy if it is no hoods at all and a reasonable price ;)

Karhedron

A 319? Well knock me down with a feather!  :goggleeyes:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

SD35

Lot's of NSE there...some check Tank's pulse!

Snowwolflair

Steam era modellers can look forward to the first ready-to-run British outline N scale steam locomotive to be offered with DCC Sound. The GWR Castle Class locomotives will feature the latest Next18 DCC decoder sockets and taking full advantage of these developments, a model of preserved class member No. 5029 'Nunney Castle' will be available with DCC Sound. Next18 decoder sockets will be incorporated into future Graham Farish release such as the Class 40 diesel, allowing additional DCC functions such as lighting and sound features.

Sound !

acko22

Well I was expecting to be well humoured!!

But thats a hell of a selection even the 319s  plus plenty of non toothpaste northern variety!!! I am a very very happy boy the wallet and the other half wont be!! :bounce:
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Karhedron

Apart from the surprise of the 319, there is precious little to report. I expected a quiet year but not that quiet. No new locos or coaches at all, not even Maroon Hawksworths.

Dammit Farish, where is my POT?  :doh:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Skyline2uk

@Tank

Ivor making an appeared in NSE RTR....

But it's the 319 which is a real shock!

Skyline2uk

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Karhedron on March 01, 2016, 12:50:05 PM
Apart from the surprise of the 319, there is precious little to report. I expected a quiet year but not that quiet. No new locos or coaches at all, not even Maroon Hawksworths.

Agreed re the POT.

Nothing new at all is there?

acko22

Quote from: Karhedron on March 01, 2016, 12:50:05 PM

Now now what you smoke is up to you but this is a family forum  :P
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Dorsetmike

Typical! Only 6 steamers but 23 diseasels & MUs.

And the steamers BR, GWR and LMS, no SR nor LNER, I sometimes wonder why I bother.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Portpatrick

An Ivatt in late BR emblem.  I might go for that - though it will cost a lot more than the £58 Hattons charged me for 46400!  But if we had had a choice at the start I would only have gone for late emblem.  Unlikely to go for much else.

Jollybob

Quote from: Dorsetmike on March 01, 2016, 12:55:47 PM
Typical! Only 6 steamers but 23 diseasels & MUs.

And the steamers BR, GWR and LMS, no SR nor LNER, I sometimes wonder why I bother.

I agree, I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Portpatrick on March 01, 2016, 01:01:05 PM
An Ivatt in late BR emblem.  I might go for that - though it will cost a lot more than the £58 Hattons charged me for 46400!  But if we had had a choice at the start I would only have gone for late emblem.  Unlikely to go for much else.

Yep maybe a blessing in disguise, only the 4 wheel SR Utility van will be nice to have.

I wonder what the train sets/pack is made up of? With no POT I don't see how the mail set can be anything other than 'modern image'?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations