Newportnobby - Update 04/02 - Good News

Started by Lawrence, January 23, 2016, 10:12:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

I am sure that many of you are aware that Mick had to go into hospital recently.  On Tuesday he had a triple bypass on the old ticker and having spoken to his mum, initially all seemed to have gone well.  I have just spoken to her again this morning and it would appear Mick has unfortunately taken a bit of a backward step.  They had to shock his heart back into rhythm as he had an irregular heart beat.  It would also seem he has had difficulty eating and has not slept since the operation.  He has now been sedated in an effort to allow him to relax sufficiently to try to get some rest.
No doubt he is in the best place to make a full recovery and hopefully things will start to pick up again soon.
I know he has a great number of friends on here, so will call his mum early next week and will let you know how he is progressing.

Hailstone

I am sorry to hear that, when you are next in touch, please give him my best wishes

Regards,

Alex

Malc

Thanks for the update, Lawerence. We are all wishing him a speedy recovery. Keep us posted. Trust him to be awkward!
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Dancess

Best wishes from me too. Always been helpful and informative in his posts.
S&D lives on - sort of!

Bob Tidbury

If anyone is going to visit NPN (Mick) can they give him my regards and I hope he makes a rapid recovery.
Bob

ColinH

Sorry to hear that NPN's (Mick's) recovery is not going to plan and that he is experiencing problems. Seems the awkward old b****r is running true to form.

Hope to see him back in rude health and contributing his own unique form of wit and knowledge to the forum soon.

Best wishes Mick
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

GroupC

Thanks to Lawrence for the NPN news.

All best wishes for a quick and painless-as-can-be recovery, I hope he gets back in the swing of things as soon as possible.

REGP

Lawrence, thanks for keeping us up to date with Micks progress, we are all wishing him well and hope to hear better news next week.

Ray

Tdm

I believe Mick is in Blackpool Hospital and I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

The partner of my brother-in-law who is currently out with us in Tenerife at the moment works in Blackpool Hospital part-time, and if Mick is still in there when she goes home will ask her to make enquiries and pass on our best wishes.

Bealman

Thanks for the update Lawrence. As I have met Mick twice and my wife has also met him, we are very concerned.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

marco neri

Best wishes and speedy recovery from me..

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

railsquid

Best wishes from me and all my trains, even though I'm sure there are some he wouldn't approve of.

N-Gauge-US

I have been wondering/worrying about NN and I'm very grateful that you have updated us. I hate to hear he isn't recovering as well as he could be, though with open heart surgery, what he is going through isn't too uncommon. Hopefully he will be back on here and educating us all, very soon. Please pass along my best to him, as well.

Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

NeMo

(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Steve.T

I too hope that things start to go better for Mick and he is soon "back on track".

Steve
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations