!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Deadwood layout - unabridged and illustrated  (Read 20213 times)

Online Webbo

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Deadwood layout - unabridged and illustrated
« Reply #210 on: June 20, 2018, 12:14:23 pm »
Hello folks

It's been a while since I've made a Deadwood update due to several reasons. At the heart of it all is my difficulty in making up my mind as to what to do with my industrial area. This is not so much as me losing my mojo as my looking for any excuse to not confront the decisions that need to be made. Up until two weeks ago, I would spend my spare time watching the Stanley Cup which is the finals series for the National Hockey League (ice hockey). Fast, skilful and with a smattering of violence. Excellent! Now I can continue wasting time watching the World Cup which is terrific also.

Deadwood is not yet dead, but is moving forward slowly. Iíve pretty well made up made up my mind as to what Iím going to do in my industrial area. Here is a photo of the area in question and some of my track laying deliberations and tools.

Major features of the plan will be a track that comes off the main line at the top left of the photo. This line will be connected to a spur that runs parallel to the backboard and runs through a grain elevator. Other features of this area will be a depot (a.k.a mini station in UK parlance) that sits approximately where its white base can be seen. A road will run across the scene roughly below the bottom of the photo and will have a row of businesses along it including a gas station, motel, convenience store, a used car dealership and a fast food outlet. I hope to have a plan of this that I can show soon.

My locomotive fleet was updated yesterday with the arrival of BNSF #3889 an ET44C4 by ScaleTrains. This loco is part of their Rivet Counter series and truly takes N scale detail to a new level in off-the-shelf equipment. It features factory-applied wire grab irons, snowplow, trainline hoses, 3-hose MU clusters, uncoupling levers, windshield wipers, mirrors, sunshades, air tanks  and more stuff.  This locomotive will be running with my Canadian Pacific ES44AC GEVOs which is within the bounds of credibility at least in my vision of reality.

Webbo

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2018, 01:15:27 pm »
They look the part, and incredibly well priced; $205 sound fitted, or $125 analogue! Probably lucky all the UP ones have sold out, I get increasingly close to nearly starting a US collection!

Online Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #212 on: June 21, 2018, 03:04:20 am »
Hi njee20

I'm afraid that Model Trains Stuff has lots of the UP ET44 ScaleTrains locos in stock at the prices you mention. I obtained my BNSF loco from them and found that their postal prices were not too bad ($24 to Australia for my loco and a couple of other small items). This would be a good time for you to start a US collection with a loco that is tops for detail at a good price.

Webbo

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: June 21, 2018, 03:33:59 am »
That is one uber cool looking locomotive. :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2018, 06:57:59 am »
Thank you for the update Webbo,  :thumbsup:

Nice looking loco, do you know if it is DCC ready? (Please say it isnít)  :uneasy:

Online Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #215 on: June 21, 2018, 07:32:14 am »
Thank you Keith.

I have some bad news for you. Not only is it DCC ready, but it also has the speaker enclosure for sound already fitted.

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: June 21, 2018, 09:53:56 am »
Next 18 too, good to see them doing proper DCC compatibility unlike Kato. Resisting, for now...

Online Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: June 21, 2018, 10:30:46 am »
Great to see an update from you, glad to know it is not just me who finds other things to do so I can put off doing work on the layout because I need to make a decision or 3  :)

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2018, 07:07:04 am »
Thank you Keith.

I have some bad news for you. Not only is it DCC ready, but it also has the speaker enclosure for sound already fitted.

Oh no! Thatís terrible news. Really terrible news, if I get one of those I have no wagons or coaches to go with it. This could be very expensive.  :uneasy:

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here