!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Military Trains OMWB  (Read 5860 times)

Offline AR

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Military Trains OMWB
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2017, 07:55:25 pm »
Hello,

I just came across this thread and its very interesting indeed! I have pondered over a Middle Eastern/North Africa railway for some time but never got round to doing it so I love the idea!

It is also the first time I have seen an N gauge S160, very impressive as is the S200!

I am in the process of designing an S160 with the intention of 3D printing it for my preserved line:)

Cheers,

Alex

Offline Jollybob

• N Gauge Society Number: 22210
  • WD fan in the heart of the GWR
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2017, 02:27:45 pm »
 :thankyousign:

Hi Alex,

I know i haven't posted anything on here for a while, but i haven't stopped. Just had to pack everything up and move home. I've been merely watching everything very quietly.

The S.160 started off life as an Atlas 0-8-0. When i bought it, it was obvious that it had been dropped and had no front end. So this i thought was a perfect opportunity for me to purchase it and i got it for a bargain price and make something that resembled an S.160. I'm happy with it and i can stick some more pictures of it up if you like?

I did read your post about your project, i think it is a fantastic idea, the S.160 has so many different variations and was used all over the world. Perhaps you could make a modified variant for people who model the USA or Asia?
Many worked in the UK before being shipped over to Europe after D-Day and i know one stayed at Longmoor after the war.

Regards

Rob.

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2017, 03:47:52 pm »
.. the S.160 has so many different variations and was used all over the world. Perhaps you could make a modified variant for people who model the USA or Asia?
Many worked in the UK before being shipped over to Europe after D-Day and i know one stayed at Longmoor after the war. ...

Oooh, :hmmm: I have an hankering to model Longmoor one distant day.
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline AR

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 11:24:18 am »
Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me! I would love to see some more photos of the S160 if you could post them! It would really help on the development side of things I think!

Cheers,

Alex

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2017, 11:22:38 am »
Sorry to rivet count but those camels have two many humps, the arabian / Egyption camel should have one. I saw Many in Saudi, though they travel in the back of pick up trucks these days...

I love the S160 I think I'll attempt one myself, I'm still looking for one for EM gauge as well...

Offline Jollybob

• N Gauge Society Number: 22210
  • WD fan in the heart of the GWR
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2017, 07:50:44 am »
Yes thank you. I did know about the camel humps when I bought them. I did find a picture once of camels all laded into a wagon, there was about five or six all squeezed in a similar wagon and all made to face one side.
So my camels are quite lucky that they can move around a bit.
Then again, try and find camels in n gauge?
I may try another one at some point, Pendraken Miniatures do white metal ones witch are geared up for a walk. Tempting.

And I'm sorry I haven't put up more pictures, it all seems to have been changed and made so much more complicated and a poor autistic person like myself can't handle such complexities.

Rob.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything