Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NinOz

Just been to a model train web site.
Search for info but can't find so will have to send a note.  Wonder what are the chances of getting a reply?
On to the site Contact Me form.  Filled out name , e-mail and question.
Hit send.   :)
No you missed a required field.  Sure I filled out fields marked as required.
Oh, I have to select a how-did-you-find-us box to proceed.  Usually I just select some rubbish answer where I am forced to provide some info not relevant to the e-mail or outcome.  I wouldn't give much for the accuracy of any the data they get.  ;)
Hit send again.
No you missed a required field. ???
A "are you a robot box".  OK, used to this, usually type the four letters and numbers in the obscured text box.  Oh pictures.  Just have to select the pictures which have street numbers shown (3 out of 9).  Done. :)
Oh another set of pictures with street numbers.  OK done.
Another set of pictures this time having to identify mountains.  :confused2:  Done.
Oh joy! another set of mountains to select.  Done.  :(
Apparently, I still could be a smart robot (how did they know worked for a semi-government company?) so now I have to identify street signs.  :'(  DONE.
Surprise, Surprise, another set of street signs.  >:(  How much longer can this go on?  :worried:DONE>:D

Hell, it has accepted me as a non-robot.  Is the next step to prove I am human? :drool:

NO WAY!  I can press the send button and then away the message flies.  :laugh3:

I wonder what one has to do to actually buy something from this guy?  :hmmm:

Regards,
CFJ
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

The Q

The company i work for have put on the internal internet some of our records, so we can update things like telephone numbers and addresses. It also shows your pay band  and grade.

This cause some discussion on pay bands which have never been revealed before...
That shows the personnel department  have been lying to me and my boss by saying I was in a higher pay grade than those in the next door lab. (Their stuff comes to me when they can't do it)

My boss has alway apologised to me about how low my pay is...

Not a happy bunny :( >:(

Skyline2uk

Quote from: The Q on April 21, 2017, 09:59:35 AM
The company i work for have put on the internal internet some of our records, so we can update things like telephone numbers and addresses. It also shows your pay band  and grade.

This cause some discussion on pay bands which have never been revealed before...
That shows the personnel department  have been lying to me and my boss by saying I was in a higher pay grade than those in the next door lab. (Their stuff comes to me when they can't do it)

My boss has alway apologised to me about how low my pay is...

Not a happy bunny :( >:(

Erm....

I could be wrong but that sounds decidedly dodgy in terms of data protection. My company treats personal data, especially pay, like nuclear launch codes!

The problems disclosure would cause are huge, as it seems you are finding out. A word with HR is DEFO warranted!

Skyline2uk

The Q

I've probably not explained it properly, you can only see your own codes not anyone elses, it was in the discussions after this system came about, we discovered HR are a bunch of Lying B******

RailGooner

Italian pro cyclist Michele Scarponi was involved in a fatal accident during a training ride on Saturday.

Pro cyclists can be a moody bunch, but Scarponi was well liked by his peers - many have spoken fondly of his jovial nature and not just this weekend. His most successful season was 2011 when he finished the Giro d'Italia second to winner Alberto Contador in General Classification (GC). Scarponi was later promoted to 1st in GC when Contador received a retrospective ban.

Major wins
   Grand Tours
      Giro d'Italia
       General classification (2011)
       Points classification (2011)
       3 individual stages (2 in 2009, 1 in 2010)

Stage races
      Tirreno–Adriatico (2009)
      Volta a Catalunya (2011)
      Giro del Trentino (2011)

Scarponi is survived by a wife and two children.

Riposa in pace Michele

marco neri

A very unlucky man...a real champion, I did not want believe to the sad new..

Ciao Michele :(
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

RailGooner

Alejandro Valverde, winner of todays Liege-Bastogne-Liege, in a moving post-race interview has dedicated his prize money to Scarponi's family.

Newportnobby

As a huge fan of cycling road racing I was very shocked to hear the news and my thoughts go out to his family and friends :(

RailGooner

John Noakes, best known for co-presenting Blue Peter in the 60s and 70s, died yesterday. He'd suffered with Alzheimer's for many years.

His tenure as a Blue Peter presenter was the longest at 12 years. I can remember him completing a free fall parachute jump with the RAF Falcons Display Team. I remember his dog Shep too. John and Shep were Blue Peter for me - the two of them were more dynamic and down-to-earth than was the norm for Auntie B at the time.

I find it difficult to believe that he was never honoured - I think at least a CBE was warranted.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years.

Rest in peace John

daveg

I've been away for a few days so lots to catch up on.

Another 'special person' off the list then.

I too remember BP with John and Shep and still use, daft I know,  the phrase 'Down, Shep' should I hear a dog bark.

Dave G

broadsword

Sad news, he was a down to earth likeable character, not
like the posh Auntie Beeb presenters of the time.

RailGooner

Quote from: daveg on May 29, 2017, 02:13:42 PM
I've been away for a few days so lots to catch up on.

Another 'special person' off the list then.

I too remember BP with John and Shep and still use, daft I know,  the phrase 'Down, Shep' should I hear a dog bark.

Dave G

Not daft at all Dave.

Newportnobby

A sad loss but he and Shep are re-united now. I also remember him fondly from 'Go with Noakes'.
With the TT starting next week here's a clip of the man and Shep......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8cTRSV6dLI

daveg

... and it's farewell to Roy Barraclough.  :goodbye:

Lovely bloke. Met him years back while I was still involved with theatre work.

Roy was doing a comedy with the late Hugh Paddick and the pair of them came back to ours for a quick post show snifter. I remember howls of laughter with stories of working Kenneth Horn and Les Dawson.

More than 'just the one' made the entire night one to remember.

Cheers Roy! :beers:

Dave G

broadsword

Yep, much underrated comedy actor, remember seeing him
with Les Dawson. also appeared as a barman in Rising Damp.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations