!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Carriage/coach lighting questions if I may please  (Read 124 times)

Offline Dsolds

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Carriage/coach lighting questions if I may please
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:40:28 pm »
Ok chaps. Iíve been reading various threads about this for more time than is healthy for one day. Not sure f this is the right place but seems like you all are accomplished so here goes.

Anyway, Iím in the process of building a set of rolling stock that I want to use, namely a double tender A1 like Bittern and Flying Scotsman. Think I have the 2nd tender sorted and after inspecting many carriages from Farish and Dapol I decided to buy old Farish Pullmans, they look the best to me.

So, I want to light the carriages and I am pretty confident that I can fit the LEDs and solder up the fine wires. That bit is relatively easy but where I am struggling is how to get power to the carriages. I donít want wires going from carriage to carriage so that leaves wheel pick ups on each carriage. How on earth do I actually do this please?

Many thanks. Dom.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:09:46 am by Railwaygun, Reason: title made searchable »

Offline Yet_Another

• N Gauge Society Number: 25847
    • Awards
Re: Carriage lighting questions if I may please
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:54:38 pm »
Starter for 10 courtesy of Google:

http://www.dccsupplies.com/item-p-102421/n-pickups-10-pack-dr-60010

Disclaimer: I have not used these.

But you get the idea.
Tony

'Things are not done by those who count the cost of every thought or deed.'

Offline Dsolds

• Awards
Re: Carriage lighting questions if I may please
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:04:23 am »
Thatís great thanks. Not come across those before, but then Iíve never had to do this before.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
December Donations

Advertise Here