!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Arnold DHG 700C Locomotive  (Read 60 times)

Offline JHSvensson

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Arnold DHG 700C Locomotive
« on: October 17, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »
Hello, it appears that I will mostly be "hanging out" in the Continental area so I thought I would post this question here.  I didn't see anything about this model from a search here, does anyone else have one?  My goal is to give one a re-spray to the Swedish equivalent, the V5. Unfortunately, the included sheet isn't very helpful about ways to separate the shell from the chassis and I don't want to destroy anything in my zest to get started.  Anyone else do anything with this model?  I'll hold off on bombarding everyone with questions about couplers...for the time being! Thanks.  Jon

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: Arnold DHG 700C Locomotive
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 06:21:00 pm »
Yes I have one, I posted about it in the "Show your latest purchase (Continental)" thread a while back.

Nice little loco from a simple freight starter set.  A smooth runner, although it has the "click" of the Simplex automatic uncoupler springs which I'll probably remove as the noise annoys me and I'm not bothered about automatic uncoupling.

I've not had any reason to go into the mechanism of mine yet.

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 08:41:46 am by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 06:47:03 pm »
You peaked my curiosity!

Very easy to get into:
1) the cab just unclips and slides upward
2) undo the two larger cheesehead screws and the chassis comes out by pushing the motor from the top.

Unfortunately repainting is complicated by the engine cowlings being part of the metal bodyshell moulding, and the end platforms and buffers appear to be glued to the bodyshell.

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline JHSvensson

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:30:51 am »
Thanks for taking the shot that I hadn’t  tried yet. Not intuitive from the exploded diagram included. I have the SJ decals for this little bugger, so it’s a natural.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here
anything