Rails of Sheffield email

Started by 1936ace, February 26, 2015, 11:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all
Just got an Email from Rails stating the following coaches are discontinued and their stocks are low so get in quick.
I see blue grey bg 374-039a is in stock but yet Hattons have the coach still on pre order
How's that possible
Bart

Newportnobby

Yeah - just ordered their last Stanier brake. Shame really as I wanted 2 :'(

ScottyStitch

ScottyStitch

Ooops! Sorry mate, didn't even look at the prices  :-[

1936ace

Just online chatted hattons they are still awaiting delivery
Bart

Newportnobby

Quote from: ScottyStitch on February 26, 2015, 11:51:05 AM

Don't worry about it. That link may be my last resort :thumbsup:
Trouble is, Rails described it as a 'discontinued' item :hmmm:

ScottyStitch

Quote from: newportnobby on February 26, 2015, 11:53:14 AM
Quote from: ScottyStitch on February 26, 2015, 11:51:05 AM

Don't worry about it. That link may be my last resort :thumbsup:
Trouble is, Rails described it as a 'discontinued' item :hmmm:

I was assuming that meant that batch and the next batch will have different numbers?..... I hope so anyway, because I need a couple of staniers in the future.

I'm also hoping the next batch of maroon MK1s will be un-weathered, I'll have a loooooooong shopping list....but that's a different story!

1936ace

Nothing wrong with being tight! Just wish they offer free postage to Oz. With postage works out to be no real saving as their postage as against hattons is far more expensive
Bart

Newportnobby

Trouble is, if we have to wait for the next batch, experience tells me I might be dust on the breeze before it gets here :worried:

1936ace

Hey enough of this maroon stanier stuff. What about my blue grey bg
😃
Bart

ScottyStitch

Quote from: newportnobby on February 26, 2015, 11:59:28 AM
Trouble is, if we have to wait for the next batch, experience tells me I might be dust on the breeze before it gets here :worried:

Gulp!!!

1936ace

Anyway no ones answered my question. How can rails be low on stock. Bachmann have disc the item yet hattons are still yet to receive the stock
374-039A
Bart

dutchkev

You cant always trust that "discontinued" description on stock. I fallen for it with Rails & Hattons. Sometimes its true, but other times it just seems to mean that the manufacture is out of stock. It also seemed to crop up when Farish upped the prices. Stock listed as discountinued - then later reappeared as "on order" at the high price.
Kev.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: 1936ace on February 26, 2015, 12:01:31 PM
Anyway no ones answered my question. How can rails be low on stock. Bachmann have disc the item yet hattons are still yet to receive the stock
374-039A
Bart

Apologies, Bart. I'm not sure..maybe they got an early batch and Hattons didn't, and they sold out quick?....I suppose only Rails knows the real answer?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations