!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Foster Street - LMS period layout - (available for exhibition)  (Read 134886 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Foster Street - LMS period layout - (available for exhibition)
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2015, 12:55:25 am »
Excellent tutorial. Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline willike1958

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12585
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 04:12:05 am »
Paul, thanks for taking the time to explain how you do this.
The results are really impressive.
I'm now looking forward to having a go at something more daring than a plain blue-grey back scene when the time comes.
Kevin

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 06:56:54 am »
Paul, thanks for taking the time to explain how you do this.
The results are really impressive.
I'm now looking forward to having a go at something more daring than a plain blue-grey back scene when the time comes.
Kevin

Trust me its easy even I can do it

Offline Caz

• N Gauge Society Number: 23044
  • Fairford Branch ticket 1958
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02:06 am »
Great tutorial there Paul, I think it's given me and some of the members food for thought of doing our own backscenes, well done.  :beers:

Offline E Pinniger

• N Gauge Society Number: 23704
    • Ebay
    • PhotoBucket
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 06:05:39 pm »
Looks like a superb layout which really captures the atmosphere of the region + era modelled! Looking forward to seeing more of it. Also great to see a pre-war LMS layout (the era/company I model in :-[ OO gauge), pre-nationalisation layouts don't seem that common in N gauge especially of this standard.

I was going to ask if you had an ex-LNWR "Jumbo" to pull the train in the second-to-last photo, but that joke has already been made (more or less)! I assume though that you must be modelling a trunk route rather than a branch or secondary line...

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 11:10:19 pm »
Looks like a superb layout which really captures the atmosphere of the region + era modelled! Looking forward to seeing more of it. Also great to see a pre-war LMS layout (the era/company I model in :-[ OO gauge), pre-nationalisation layouts don't seem that common in N gauge especially of this standard.

I was going to ask if you had an ex-LNWR "Jumbo" to pull the train in the second-to-last photo, but that joke has already been made (more or less)! I assume though that you must be modelling a trunk route rather than a branch or secondary line...

Enough with the Elephant jokes already, thanks for the kind comments about the layout, I must admit it was more of a trial exercise to test some new techniques, one of them is using card for the buildings rather than palsti-card, god I sound like a radical :)

I guess I will have to post more information on the layout, have you any preferences or requests??

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2015, 07:49:14 am »
Great looking layout. Thanks for all the pics and info.

Always happy to pinch and idea or two  ;) so any chance of a track plan, please?

Dave G

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2015, 10:14:01 pm »
Great looking layout. Thanks for all the pics and info.

Always happy to pinch and idea or two  ;) so any chance of a track plan, please?

Dave G

Dave - how's this ??

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2015, 10:26:31 pm »
Well not much time to do any modelling tonight, and of the precious time I had, I wasted half of it pondering. Pondering you don't hear that term much do you, I think I may ponder on that a little longer..............

Getting back to the layout I was pondering if the general area of the goods yard could do with a bit more grime and dirt??

The other thing I had a ponder about was my recent fascination with modifying and building yet more tank engines for the layout. I really must get round to finishing them..............and with my last dying seconds of modelling time I managed to super glue my fingers together, so not a total waste of time then :)

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2015, 09:55:07 am »
It's certainly feasible the town is shrouded in rain while the goods yard etc is bathed in sunlight but, I agree, it could do with some 'dirtying up' perhaps :hmmm:

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2015, 06:36:21 pm »
It's certainly feasible the town is shrouded in rain while the goods yard etc is bathed in sunlight but, I agree, it could do with some 'dirtying up' perhaps :hmmm:

The goods yard looks bathed in sun light a bit, because its directly under the room light, which tends to show up all the areas that are not so good on the layout.

I think it could do with a little "grottying" up, I guess I will have to get down to making a mess.

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2015, 10:18:29 am »

The goods yard looks bathed in sun light a bit, because its directly under the room light, which tends to show up all the areas that are not so good on the layout.

I think it could do with a little "grottying" up, I guess I will have to get down to making a mess.

Nowt wrong with getting 'down and dirty' on the odd occasion :angel:

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2015, 11:39:43 am »
Being a totally good Boy, some would say near angelic I have no idea what you mean  :-[

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2015, 04:50:52 pm »
Well the Domestic Overlord has gone out today, and left me on my own,  BRING ON THE CHAOS

Online paulprice

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »
Well today I thought I would spend a little time on a few of the outstanding jobs on the layout, and to be fair I did spend a little time on these jobs, but other things took my attention away.

I don't know if it is just me, but I tend I seem to have too many locomotives for the services on Foster Street, (hang on you can never have too many engines). Anyway I have a bit of a thing for tank locomotives, and I have slowly been building locomotives to add to the fleet.

These have ranged from Johnson 1P 0-4-4T to the current production of 2-6-4T locomotives and these are proving to be a bit of a pain. The problem is I made enough pony and trailing trucks with scale'ish wheels to fit to them. The problem is that I have put them away for safe keeping, so safe in fact that I have forgot where I put them.

While I search for them, I thought you might b interested in a few photo's of the locomotives in their current state, at least the Fairburn is a good example of why we should just but the Farish model.

One question though, should I line the fowler tank, or should I just slap a bit of dirt onto it, oh so many options

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £90.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
164% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything