!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: AnyRail printout problem  (Read 2591 times)

Online Yet_Another

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25847
  • Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
Re: AnyRail printout problem
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:26:56 pm »
Just checking something here.

I've just printed out my plan at 1:1, and while sticking it together on the actual baseboard to which it relates, I noticed that the baseboards on the printed plan are not the same size as the physical baseboards, even though the scaling on the plan says they are. They are too small.

My first thought is that it's a printing problem. Each of the printed pages has a white border, and I'm thinking this is making the printed area smaller. I've been through all the settings, and there's nothing I can see that would alter the way it's printed. In the printer settings, 'no borders' is set to 'yes', but there's still about 10mm white space on each side. If I line up the pages end to end, it seems to make the difference.

So, how much of the sheet should be covered?
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Offline Steve.T

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23237
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 10:35:27 pm »
I have printed out full size several times without issue and would think somewhere you must have some scaling selected either in the Anyrail print options, or more likely hidden in the printer properties.
I have not tried printing borderless and suggest you leave the border and try it with the borderless suppressed as this may be doing something to the ratio without you knowing.

In the printout page on Anyrail ensure :-
Ratio 1:1 is selected.
I suggest you also select "Supress empty pages" and "Print alignment markers".

But then select printer properties and go through all the tabs in the properties to ensure there is no scaling, such as a percentage scaling, or fit to page etc. It's impossible to say where thees may be as all printer drivers differ.

And apologies if you have already been through all this but it should be possible to print full scale.

Steve

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Online Yet_Another

• Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 11:26:33 pm »
Thanks for that. It looks like it's the printer driver. If I print it to a PDF, the white space border disappears, but as soon as I try to print that, it comes back again. I suspect it's a laser printer thing.

I think I've found a way round it by printing at a slightly overscale percentage (104.28% seems to do the trick).

Unfortunately, in my excitement, I printed the whole thing off last time. I'll just do the tricky point bits this time, and draw lines for the other 50 or so pages.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Offline Steve.T

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23237
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 11:34:03 pm »
Come to think of it I think I have had scaling problems using laser printers at work. Not with Anyrail but still I seemed to think they were small by a small percentage.

I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.

Steve

Online Yet_Another

• Chacun à son goût!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 11:59:10 pm »
Yeah, there's something at the back of my mind about being able to print right up to the edge with inkjets, but laser printers not liking it.
Tony

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £75.00
Above Goal: £20.00
Site Currency: GBP
136% 
November Donations

Advertise Here