For those amongst us who remember:- "When I was a boy"!

Started by petercharlesfagg, November 09, 2014, 12:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 19, 2014, 10:59:56 AM
I'll go stand on the naughty step :)
Ummm, hang on a mo., why am I standing on this naughty step ?  :dunce:
It was not I that raised Harold McM and his politics !!!! :laugh: It was  Tdm leading me astray  :laughabovepost: :hmmm:
>> steps down

Seasons greetings etc. :)

Tdm

Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 19, 2014, 11:28:26 AM
Quote from: MalcolmAL on December 19, 2014, 10:59:56 AM
I'll go stand on the naughty step :)
Ummm, hang on a mo., why am I standing on this naughty step ?  :dunce:
It was not I that raised Harold McM and his politics !!!! :laugh: It was  Tdm leading me astray  :laughabovepost: :hmmm:
>> steps down
Seasons greetings etc. :)

So it's all my fault is it  :) - my post did include reference to my first train set, so it wasn't fully off topic was it?  8), and it is Xmas when we should all be nice to each other, even if things sometimes drift off on a tangent, particularly after imbibing of a little (well a lot) of the Xmas Spirit. Feliz Navidad  :beers:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: newportnobby on December 18, 2014, 04:39:06 PM
Quote from: Jerry Howlett on December 18, 2014, 03:57:12 PM
I had a red? one but it didn't have a wheel just a cardboard strip with 2 pictures that you viewed through the plastic gizmo do dah. I DO remember that one of the pictures I had was of the Blue Pullman.... The nearest I think I will ever get to owning one !!!

Oh and SPANGLES who remembers the Old English ones ?  A black packet I think.

Jerry

I think the 'stereo' viewer that Jerry is referring to came free with cereal packets as did the cardboard strip with 2 pics. I seem to remember mainly pics of animals such as elephants, goats, wallabies, giraffes and the like :hmmm:

That figures Mick. We were not exactly the richest of folks, I remember my bedroom wall covered in animal heads (Stop it) from the cut out backs of cereal packets.  Even my brothers 00 train set was bolstered by the free Kitmaster Diesel shunter (In later years it would have been an 08) that came from Kellogs or similar, we must have been force fed breakfast because I am sure he got a restaurant car and a BCK.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Looks like we were cut from pretty much the same cloth, Jerry.
If it hadn't been for giveaways in cereal packets I don't think I'd have had any toys :(

mr bachmann

we was all kids once! , but been a teenager in the late 50's often felt the leather glove's around the lughole from the local bobby , but once we got the motorbikes/scooters e could run rings around him on his franny barett- it been a twin , group of us would keep him talking whilst the other would loosen a plug lead  :D

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations