!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Off on a journey. The departure.  (Read 26284 times)

Online port perran

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Off on a journey. The departure.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2015, 08:30:49 am »
Great progress there Brian.
Thanks for the photographs.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online Mito

• N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2015, 10:08:59 pm »
The autocoaches almost at Withy Jct. Sam's Cider van was taken off at Durscombe and the 14XX coupled up between the coaches so views along the track could be seen by more people. Having stopped at Durscombe for a guided tour around Sam's Cider  there were rumors that there were four sets of rails but there was no consensus of opinion as there was difficulty counting more than one.

At Withy Jct. The train is empty as the members of CLPG have gone to make more room for more beverages at the local hostelry as they feel a little thirsty.

Returning back to Cornwall. While the group was exploring the delights of Withy a mixed goods under control of a class 42 has picked up San's Cider van which will be left at Durscombe Sidings and is in the process of coupling up a coach destined for Cant Cove. The van will be quickly loaded and sent back to Cornwall with the best of Somerset

Durscombe Sidings has a depository and warehouse for the local  businesses and is an interchange point.

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2015, 11:26:59 pm »
Many thanks for the nice photos., Brian. Good to see that the Cornish Locomotive Preservation Group (CLPG) and GWS Cornwall members safely arrived in their autocoaches and have enjoyed their visit to "Sam's Cider" sales of which are steadily increasing so the CLPG has won a contract to source, overhaul, and repaint some surplus Single Vent Vans in the "Sam's Cider" green. The Wadebridge yardmaster has been making enquiries across British Railways to source the vans and have them sent to Cant Cove. Many of the vans will be travelling through the WR's Birmingham Area along with some other rolling stock sourced for Withy Junction and Durscombe plus horseboxes.

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 19, 2015, 09:43:12 pm »
A little more progress.
I had some Woodlands Scenics Sculptamold left over from a project 20 years ago! It had lost its glue so I added some cellulose filler and wood glue. It appears to have set well. It's painted in watercolours and is an experiment for close-up photos. It needs some undergrowth added but I'm quite pleased with the result.

An overall view of phase two, now in colour. It was painted in acrylics bought from the local Chinese shop. Not good quality but sufficient for this.The tunnel mouth is yet to be painted then it can be incorporated. The front embankment needs finishing and the bottom right hand corner is waiting a rock face.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2015, 09:51:21 pm »
Looking very good, Brian. A very nice use of colours in a highly realistic way. Something I plan to do, next summer!

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2015, 07:49:38 am »
Very nice scenic work there Brian and as Chris says, great colours.
Martin
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+53)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2015, 09:20:59 am »
That looks super, Brian :thumbsup:

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2015, 09:36:41 pm »
A little more progress.

I bought a kit from Serious Play. They do a monthly kit of various scenic material and this included some trees and static grass which I've never used before. I have made my own applicator from an electronic fly swat so I'm waiting for an opportunity to use it. I could do with some Wookey trees.

The start of ballasting and a long way to go :worried:

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2015, 09:41:00 pm »
Very nice work, Brian. I only hope that my ballasting will look as good. When I get a GWR livery GWR diesel railcar model (maybe, next year) it will pay a 'visit' from Cant Cove and Penmayne. 8-)

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2015, 09:43:53 pm »
Good work there Brian.
It's all starting to look the part.
I rather like that railcar in choc/cream livery. Mine is green.
My Layouts -

Offline lil chris

• N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2015, 12:30:57 am »
Nice work there with the scenery its looking good
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2015, 02:21:14 am »
Coming along nicely.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2015, 11:36:48 am »
A BR SR 'N' Class 2-6-0 takes a train of four restored LMSR Livery Suburban coaches on the first stage of their journey to Withy Junction, Somerset.

A long goods train for Withy Junction arrives at Cant Cove, behind another 'N'.

A second goods train begins its journey to Somerset behind the CLPG's restored "Battle of Britain" class loco. "Huuricane".

It is hoped that, in due course, there will be a photo. of their arrival.

A further special goods train is scheduled for next month plus a visit by the N. & W. Cornwall members of the CLPG and GWS in their preserved GWR Livery B Set with an old Mainline Brake end coach in BR Crimson & Cream borrowed from Wadebridge Yard's standby stock.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 12:39:37 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Updated. »

Online Mito

• Awards
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2015, 05:27:19 pm »
I wait with anticipation! :)

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2015, 08:34:39 pm »
The Wadebridge yardmaster has been informed that all four trains to Withy Junction, Somerset have arrived safely, two goods, one ECS (LMS livery Suburban coaches) and one special passenger train.

The GWS (Bodmin)'s "Manor" departs from Cant Cove with the special through passenger train to Withy Junction conveying members of the CLPG and GWS in Cornwall together with local dignitaries to celebrate the joining of Somerset to the program of seasonal special trains and events first organised in in Cornwall. (Not all the carriages were actually in use as this is, mainly, an ECS move. The train of WR Chocolate & Cream BR Standard coaches is formed of a CK, FK (the 1st class accommodation containing the local 'bigwigs'), SK, SO, and BSK (these containing the CLPG and GWS members with the SO laid out for dining with food and drinks supplied from the guard's compartment, whilst the local worthies have to 'make do' with premium picnic hampers supplied by "The Station Hotel", Cant Cove).

[The SO and BSK are the same ex-set pair of carriages owned by both John, Claverton, and Chris, Cant Cove & Penmayne, so they can work 'through' in future trains.]

Pictures of the trains' arrival at Withy Junction are awaited in due course. 8-)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 01:33:21 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
127% 
September Donations

Advertise Here