!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus..... Extension Update  (Read 16495 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus
« Reply #105 on: August 16, 2018, 10:20:12 am »
I must admit Mick did a good job on Belchford Bletchford.

Looking forward to developments!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2018, 06:41:35 am »
The Wenlock issue of RM just arrived on these shores! Just picked it up from the newsagents. Looking forward to it!  :thumbsup:

Offline Ollie3440

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 18238
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • The Fiddle Yard
    • Awards
Re: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus..... An Extension on the way!
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2018, 11:52:58 am »
Morning all,

The showguide for TINGs has been released and so has the floor plan. Wenlock has been allocated stand 'T' and is below on the map. Hopefully see you all there!

Oh and thanks to Tank for incorporating Wenlock in to one of the new Forum headers.

Cheers

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Offline Ollie3440

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • The Fiddle Yard
    • Awards
Re: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus..... TINGs 2018
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2018, 10:47:00 am »
Morning all,

Well what a thoroughly enjoyable weekend TINGs was!

This was my third time exhibiting at TINGs following my two previous trips with Sheaf. Yes there are issues with the show (No lunches/drinks, stingy with expenses etc) but I don’t feel too bothered by this. As meal would be nice but I just take some stuff with me and put a little extra on my expenses to which I’ve always received what I’ve asked for. As always they provided excellent accommodation and I would recommend Witsend in Harbury to anyone. Great to chat to so many members throughout the weekend too.

Saturday was heaving until around 3PM where as Sunday was quieter as expected. Considering Wenlock was one of the smallest layouts in attendance we always seemed to have an audience and often a bigger audience than many of our larger neighbours! Aside from some dirty track here and there we ran pretty faultlessly. We got so many comments about our use of the Dapol Easi-shunt couplings, many seemed shocked that we were able to use them so successfully.

I do feel like Wenlock really did look the part this weekend, makes me feel like the effort I’ve put in has been worthwhile. The lights really do their job well. Here is a picture of the layout just before opening on Sunday.

As always here is a selection of pics from the weekend including some featuring Daniel and Leigh, thanks for the help btw. You may notice Leigh had a touch of concentration face!

You may notice that in those pics there is a chimney missing off the station. I accidentally knocked it off during transportation and somehow lost it during transit/set up......Then Leigh became the hero of the day finding said chimney as we were packing the layout up!

Once again thanks to Daniel and Leigh for their assistance over the weekend. And thanks to Adam for being the photographer for our team photo!

Of course I did make a few additions to the stock box. A Farish ex-PO wagon and Green PMV were purchased from Cheltenham Models, the PMV certainly adds a bit of colour. Dapol got some of my money for a Collett Corridor Second in Crimson/Cream. And Finally Tim got some money out of me for a other of the NGS Collett BGs, this time in Crimson/Cream.

So that wraps up Wenlock's 6th exhibition. By far the biggest and busiest so far and the fact it flew by shows just how busy it was. Another badge added to the collection too!

Next stop is the Shrewsbury Model Railway Show on October 20th. Then work on the extension can begin!

Cheers

Ollie Reading

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 08:44:51 pm by Ollie3440 »

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2018, 10:53:36 am »
Cool!  :thumbsup: :beers:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2018, 10:54:08 am »
Thanks Ollie. Good to see the forum placard arrived in time.
I wonder why the TINGS badge reads

The 12th N' gauge show :confused2:

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2018, 12:57:18 pm »
You are very welcome for the photo, glad to help out  :thumbsup:

You should be very proud, Wenlock looks very smart indeed and is a credit to you.

I can only hope to emulate you one day, I do love operating layouts at shows so should get mine there one day.

Re Tim getting money out of you; I was on the stand all weekend and he only got a Shark’s worth of cash from me.... ;)

Skyline2uk

Offline Ollie3440

• Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • The Fiddle Yard
    • Awards
Re: Wenlock - A WR Branch Terminus..... Extension Update
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2018, 09:27:31 pm »
Evening all,

A small update on the extension for you. I was recently contacted by someone who saw the layout at TINGs and they offered some constructive tips regarding the signalling. Below is a slightly modified plan with the new signalling layout. So the new board will now feature 3 signals in total (Ideally one would be a bracket but I'm in Dapol's hands as i still want to keep this layout built from ready to obtain items)

I've also made a decision regarding the buildings on the layout. Board 1 was centred around the Ratio Plastic kits, board 2 will be based around Scenecraft Resin ready built buildings. The main Signal box will be the model based on Highley, The crossing will be manned from the currently available ground frame box, situated close will be the crossing keepers cottage. The farm will depend on space but current thoughts are for a farmhouse, barn and some pigstys.

I've just finished a small shop with Rails for some of the items to get me started (Essentially most items needed minus the farm and the trees!). Some of which was supported by a voucher courtesy of my photo of the PCF Coaches was awarded second place in the recent competition, very humbled by this.

Finally I've been giving some thought to the operation of the layout. I'm toying with the idea of taking the layout on a trip through time..... The plan in my head is essentially the layout would start the day in the early 1940s with locos with 'G W R' on the tanks, this would slowly phase into the early BR Days 1950s which in turn would go into later BR days 1960s and the arrival of some early diesels (Class 22 and maybe a Bubble car?). It's a thought at present but it's a thought that is growing on me!

Cheers,

Ollie

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
September Donations