I'm a very proud dad

Started by 1936ace, August 04, 2014, 05:20:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Our little zac started Kindy this year and as part of the schooling they do public speaking. Well the little guy has done well. With only mum and dad to help as the audience he had to come up with a topic rehearse it with no prompt cards and present to his class

The little guy has done well, he topped the class before repeating the same at school level. Today he went to the district and competed(hate the word at this age). He was in the top 16 out of just over a thousand little kindergarten kids. After listening to stories about dogs cats holidays and even one about Wales our zac presented his favourite book mr small and he did a great job taking home first
Now he goes and competes against five other little people for the final
Not sure who had the biggest grin nic and I or zac when he heard his name called
A great moment and lucky to be there
Bart

Malc

Well done Zac, maybe a prospective MP in the making?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Bealman

I hope not... our esteemed PM has been on TV all day kissin babies...

But having gone through similar performances light years ago in a galaxy far, far away (not the baby kissin' by the way), I understand your pride.

Cheers!  :beers:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

jonclox

John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

1936ace

Thanks everyone. He only turned 6 last week and to see someone their age stand up on stage under full stage lighting speaking to complete strangers and at a place they have never been to is a big thing. They all did very well

Must be public speaking week at our house as our Lilian is also in the finals for the seniors(high school). She took out the title last year so fingers crossed

I was hopeless as a speaker at school so it must be from their mum😃

Bart

Bealman

You want to careful there, Bart... my oldest daughter did something similar... now she's a solicitor for the NSW Ombudsman!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

scotsoft

It is good to hear young people getting the encouragement they need to succeed.

I hope Zac does well in the final  :claphappy:

cheers John.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations