Richard (Wheeltapper).

Started by ddolfelin, September 11, 2011, 11:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddolfelin

Many will be aware that Richard has had an amazing improvement in his condition following an extended period of suffering with a nasty Cancer.

As a 'thank you' to the unit which is treating him, he is asking for donations of the spare wagons that most of us have.
The wagons are then offered for sale and the proceeds are donated to the Cancer Unit.

The response has been overwhelming!
The Post Office have laid on a special van to deliver the parcels.
It seems that, no sooner are the wagons donated than they are sold!

This morning at about 9.30am there were another 40 'N' wagons on offer and half of them are sold already!
Other gauges are on offer too.

If you have an interest in either donating wagon(s) or buying some (most are around the £5 mark plus postage) the I'm sure Richard will welcome contact by e-mail:
richardfen@hotmail.co.uk

It's great to see the enterprise so successful.

In a little world of my own.
http://dddioramas.webs.com/

Newportnobby

It was/is a great idea and I'm so pleased that Richard is improving and that the appeal has been so successful :) :thumbsup:

ddolfelin

Yes, it's heartwarming to know that there are so many decent folk who follow our hobby.

Richard still has nerve damage in his fingers caused by the treatments so it is sometimes difficult for him on the keyboard.
If you don't receive an immediate answer that may be the reason.

ddolfelin

For further information, Richard has treatment again on Wednesday this week and this usually knocks him back for a few days.

ddolfelin

I thought you might like to see some pics.
Many of the wagons shown might be sold by now but it gives an idea of the sort of stuff that's available:

ddolfelin

Bad News.

"Hi Peter

I had another scan last week to see how progress was going with the treatment.

Everyone was quite upbeat and expected a positive progress report.

I saw the consultant to day and unfortunately this is not what has happened.

The cancer has returned to the liver , only worse than before.

There is no point in continuing with the drug treatment as once the cancer has got imunity to the drug then it will have no further beneficial effect. Everything else has been tried so we have reached the end of the road and its just a case of when .

No-one knows or can even hazard a guess - it may be a few weeks  or it may be a few months all that is certain is that it is terminal and it will kill me.

I dont intend going on to the forums again . In the event you see anyone asking questions perhaps you would be kind enough to let them know the situation but please dont go out of your way or make too much of it.

It just remains for me to say a very big thankyou for all your help  and friendshiip in the past and to wish you and yours all the very best for the future.

Its been an honour and a privilige to count you as a  " Virtual  Friend ".

Richard"

Tank

Very sad news.  All the best to him.

Oldman

Quote from: Tank on November 17, 2011, 09:33:54 AM
Very sad news.  All the best to him.
Always sad to hear things like this. Have known people in similar circumstances and my heart goes out to the families involved.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Lawrence

That is a real kick in the pants, I only heard from him last week and he was quite hopeful about the results of that scan, sickener  :( :(

Newportnobby

Very, very upsetting. My thoughts go out to Richard and his family/friends :(

Sprintex

Not good  :(

Remember the exact same happening with my mum and bowel cancer in 2005, it's a gut-wrenching feeling when someone close tells you that's it, just a waiting game now. God only knows what it must be like for the person themselves.

My heart goes out to Richard and his family.

Paul

EtchedPixels

Very sorry to hear that, and I hope he has chance to make good use of and enjoy the time left doing things he wanted rather than just "a waiting game". Glass half full - after all viewed in the negative life is just a waiting game for all of us...

Alan

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dock Shunter

Having spoke to Richard on a few occasions regarding the fundraising he was doing with the wagons
i have to say what a lovely Gentleman he is.Things were looking very positive so this is very sad news
indeed.... :(
                                        Our thoughts are with you and your family  Richard........

polo2k

Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations