!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)  (Read 241796 times)

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
Re: Cant Cove (and Penmayne)
« Reply #3930 on: July 13, 2017, 09:08:24 pm »
Nice pictures.  Can you upload them onto My Gallery so they can be seen within the topic?

Thanks, Laurence. I'm trying to minimise use of my notebook PC, at present, but will try that out, later.

Offline lil chris

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23889
    • Awards
« Reply #3931 on: July 14, 2017, 08:18:54 pm »
Hi Chris sorry to hear of your problems with RSI, I have Chrones and if I have a attack I just use Paracetomol. I was tempted to use Ibrufen, but that can cause problems which could affect my chrones so I tend to avoid its use nowadays, which is a shame because if I have a attack I could do with something a bit stronger,at least my leg has healed up fine which is a relief.
Between us we are a bunch of old crocks and none of us are getting any younger but keep modeling it keeps us sane and is so much fun.
Lil Chris
My layout here East Lancashire Lines
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29492.0

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #3932 on: July 15, 2017, 12:45:46 pm »
Thanks, Chris. My arm is slowly recovering. Unfortunately, my notebook PC is out of action because, judging from the terrible noises, the HDD needs to be replaced. I hope that it will be possible to copy over everything to the replacement HDD that I have ordered.
On a more positive note, Cant Cove's D2290 was seen marshalling a short rake of goods vehicles for the next goods train to Wadebridge from where they will be taken via various long distance goods trains to Lancashire.
D6577 was also seen departing with a long goods train of mixed dual braked Railfreight and vacuum braked PO and BR freight vehicles bound for the West Midlands via Claverdon.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #3933 on: July 16, 2017, 09:15:20 am »
D2290 arrives at Cant Cove, early morning, with a short goods working from Wadebridge, including a Shoc-Van from Trepol Bay.

Despite Lady Penelope's well-known dislike of dirty rolling stock, one ex-SR uneven planked goods van loaded with empty beer casks from further away arrived from Wadebridge in less than clean condition!

Is anyone else getting this message from Photobucket?  Is there something I need to do?

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #3934 on: July 16, 2017, 09:25:20 am »
Is anyone else getting this message from Photobucket?  Is there something I need to do?

Seems Photobucket have pulled the plug on hotlinked images - see this thread.
"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #3935 on: July 16, 2017, 12:22:23 pm »
Sorry to hear you are having injury troubles of your own, hope you don't have too long a path back to full health

Great updates on Cant Cove, thanks for the pictures and the continuing tales of intrigue

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #3936 on: July 16, 2017, 03:03:05 pm »
Thanks, Andrew. I'm enjoying a week away just reading and relaxing without my notebook PC which will go for a replacement HDD to be fitted after I teturn. I hope that it will be possible to copy the data over as I only have a partial backup as my backup was full!
I will try to use the Gallery feature after I get back.
Once my mini tower PC is replaced I will investigate hosting my pictures on it.
Resting from the keyboard is helping my arm to recover.
I have most of the rest of the story worked out in my head. I also know which pair of the Northern chefs win the semi final at Cant Cove and who wins the final at Trevelver Castle. Martin knows the next part about the chest in Fiddler's hotel room and may be able to post it with journey descriptions on a few days.
There are many special trains including one passenger from Perthshire.

Offline Innovationgame

• N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • Awards
« Reply #3937 on: July 16, 2017, 06:12:54 pm »
Keeping away from the keyboard for a few days will certainly help your elbow.
With kind regards
Laurence

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3938 on: July 16, 2017, 10:15:24 pm »
Hello  Enjoy your rest Chris, thanks for the updates
       regards Derek.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #3939 on: July 17, 2017, 11:39:03 am »
Thanks, Laurence and Derek. My left arm is slowing improving but I still have a sore left shoulder. I'm finger typing messages on my smartphone, this week.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 07:58:37 am by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #3940 on: July 21, 2017, 05:42:41 pm »
Hi Chris,

Hope your arm is getting better.

Thought I'd do another hijack although relevant this time.

Don't know if you've seen but started another thread 'Port de Regleun' which is just a makeshift port to work out what I will eventually build but gives photo opportunities for the Europe to Cornwall transfers.

These are a few of the pics, others are on the Port de Regleun post (don't know how to link it  :dunce:)

Train arrives with freight from Eastern and Southern France, Italy and Spain with goodies for North Cornwall and some empties (the boxes on the Cornish wagons, later photo, may have some goodies in too but don't tell customs  :no: )....

The passenger train from Paris arrives with various guests from mainly Izaro and Brittany, boarding at Rennes, bound for the Chef competition....

The trainferry from Porthsea Quay arrives....

The CIWL through coaches are loaded along with the freight wagons....

The ferry is ready to depart and all the guests are looking forward to their trip to Cornwall...

One of the guests does query why the Martini wagon that the Chelsea Girls were expecting was not on the ship. Unfortunately it had been delayed and had arrived literally 2 hours after the ferry's departure
(thanks Chris, will PM you regarding that) but those in the know are confident that the surprise Mercier Champagne wagon will more than make up for it.

Anyway, hope you like and looking forward to you back on track.

I hope to have a proper literary head on after I've started the Principat de Izaro thread very soon.

Cheers weave  :beers:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:45:30 pm by weave »

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #3941 on: July 21, 2017, 05:54:11 pm »
Many thanks, Chris, for a great set of photos., which are always welcome. I'm very glad that the "Martini" van arrived safely. It was not easy to find one at a good price including postage. The champagne wagon will be a much appreciated addition to supply Trevelver Castle. I need now to get an Interfrigo van; again not easy to get at a reasonable price.
My arm is better and, next week I hope to take some more photos.
The train ferry looks excellent and the harbour area is coming along very well.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:09:02 pm by Chris in Prague, Reason: Corrected. »

Online port perran

• Awards
« Reply #3942 on: July 21, 2017, 06:35:17 pm »
Those puctures look good Chris (W).
I aim to add a chapter to the chef story this weekend so will try to incorporate the visitors from Izaro and Brittany.  That will be on the Port Perran thread at some point possibly including a photo of an unusual ex GW loco visiting Trepol Bay?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 06:38:56 pm by port perran »
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #3943 on: July 22, 2017, 01:51:44 pm »
Thanks, Martin. I have added an update following on but not anything major as I only have my smartphone, here.

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #3944 on: July 22, 2017, 03:07:23 pm »
Thought I'd do another hijack although relevant this time.

Don't know if you've seen but started another thread 'Port de Regleun' which is just a makeshift port to work out what I will eventually build but gives photo opportunities for the Europe to Cornwall transfers.

These are a few of the pics, others are on the Port de Regleun post (don't know how to link it  :dunce:)

Train arrives with freight from Eastern and Southern France, Italy and Spain with goodies for North Cornwall and some empties (the boxes on the Cornish wagons, later photo, may have some goodies in too but don't tell customs  :no: )....

Excuse the hijack of the hijack, but it has been brought to my attention that the Tio Pepe wagon in the above train, or one very similar to it, has at some point made its way at least as far north as the West Midlands:

"Eigatani Tetsudo" - Japanese and other trains (planning), featuring:

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
August Donations
Military Vehicle 3D prints

Price: 6.50
Date: 01/08/2017 01:11 pm