!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: SCARM help  (Read 899 times)

Offline rgsimulations

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
SCARM help
« on: December 18, 2013, 05:12:16 pm »
can someone help me out please,

i am trying to use SCARM to create a new layout plan however when i am trying to draw the base boards when i have made the shape and try and link up the last piece of the board ( the last line) when i have selected it it wont let me move onto do the track laying

it keeps moving the "baseboard" tool line around the pace and wont turn the baseboard the thick blue line

Offline Geoff

• N Gauge Society Number: 21731
    • Awards
Re: SCARM help
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 05:15:10 pm »
If you are on Facebook send Mixy a message there he will get to you straight away.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/SCARM-Software/178086192222000
Geoff

Offline RChook

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 12:41:43 am »
when i have made the shape and try and link up the last piece of the board ( the last line) when i have selected it it wont let me move onto do the track laying

Sorry, I'm bit late to the party, if you have not got it sussed yet try this :--

Not sure if I am understanding your problem correctly, depends what we mean by "last line" I think ! Here is my interpretation of your problem :)  :--
You dont draw the last line, SCARM auto-completes it for you.
When you get to the last point(corner number 4 in the case of a rectangular baseboard)  right-click (instead of left-clicking as previously) and SCARM joins that last point to your first thus creating the 4th (last) line for you and then all the black lines turn blue and you are free to start laying track.

In other words you only draw 3 sides in the case of a rectangle, the 4th side is auto-completed by SCARM when you do that final right-click on corner number4.
Draw 4 lines for a 5 sided shape, the 5th line will be auto-completed
etc.&etc.

Or you could use Tools > Toolbox > dropdown and select "Baseboard(rectangular)" then enter the length of side A and side B in the two boxes.
(having previously used CTRL-U to toggle into either mm or inches)

I've not played with the other dropdowns, they sound like fun :)

Extra hint :--
If the blue line shape isnt quite right left-click your cursor on the blue to select the baseboard, you then get red lines with a box at each corner, left-click and drag a box to change shape.

HTH

Edit later :
Ha! I could have saved myself some typing, I've just found a better explanation for you by Mixy in his FAQ here http://www.scarm.info/index_en.html#faq14 "How to create baseboard?"

« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 01:52:47 am by RChook »

Offline G_N_E_R

• Just another N Gauge modeler, focusing on GNER!
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 10:08:59 pm »
Hey all,
Just tried to make a new scarm plan but the right click and 'move' no longer appears. Have updated it so am now on the most up to date one but still nothing. Anyone know how I can get it back?
Thanks Philip
If it ain't Blue and Red, something must be wrong!!

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 11:10:12 pm »
Hey all,
Just tried to make a new scarm plan but the right click and 'move' no longer appears. Have updated it so am now on the most up to date one but still nothing. Anyone know how I can get it back?
Thanks Philip

Hi @G_N_E_R ,
Check that you've selected the item (left click) and it has changed colour to red, before right clicking the item to show the move menu.
Apologies if this is a new trick to an old dog.  :beers:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Online themadhippy

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:12:26 pm »
Are you right clicking inside the track piece you want to move? if your even a pixel out the alternative right click menu appears

Edit to add. Just discovered if you hold down the  ctrl  key and left mouse button , you can drag the selected track piece with the mouse
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 01:15:07 am by themadhippy »

Offline G_N_E_R

• Just another N Gauge modeler, focusing on GNER!
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2017, 01:04:06 pm »
Thanks all, move menu still doesn't appear like it used to but ctrl and left click does!
Might finally rack on with it now haha
Phil
If it ain't Blue and Red, something must be wrong!!

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here