what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulprice

I only have this little lot to service and then the whole Foster Street fleet is finished

GeeBee

No activity on either layouts since before Christmas too busy going in and out of Hospital or Doctors
Graham

Hailstone

austinbob

Just finishing off (painting) Metcalfe goods shed kit and then moving on to bus depot. Very relaxing - until you drop a piece with newly applied glue on the carpet!!
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

port perran

Just cut out the last of the embankment shapes (with my trusty jigsaw) for the estuary on Port Perran and glued them into place. Will be softening the edges tomorrow with grouting and applying the first paint layer for the actual river.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

exmouthcraig

Weathering inspection pits and making the yard look a bit of a mess, but tastefully!! We have lots of pictures to make sure there's the right bits of clutter in the right places!!!

Bob Tidbury

Modelling postponed for a while because its been to cold to go down the shed and Val is sufering from a very bad chest infection.
Only been down twice since before Christmas.
Really want to get on with the scenery on the new board but I doubt even the paint would dry never mind the Polyfiller so its not worth wasteing the gas bottle and I cant afford to leave it on all night .
Might go down for a running session next week.
Bob

Cooper

Having another go at re-setting the Cement Terminal on Horseblock Lane. It has never been right since it got whalloped by a falling item in storage and I changed it to a removable item. The work this time is a new electrical socket and magnets to hold the tower in place. Fingers crossed this idea works!

Les1952

Tseting locos on Hawthorn Dene ready for Leamington and Warwick show next weekend.

When it comes back I can make a real start on Croft Spa, which so far has been nearly two years in the planning.....

Les

AndyRA

Just finished the first full working up session of the year.

Andy.
If it looks difficult it probably is, but might as well get on with it anyway!

Layout :- West Coast (Southern Section)
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=2531;u=5731

Full story and pics at:-
https://www.facebook.com/WestCoastSouthernSection/

Newportnobby

OK. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool transition era modeller but this layout is just superb, not least as much of the traction was used by me as a yoof to get to places for some decent trainspotting. I had 'cleared' all the electric bo-bos and all the am10 units as I lived in Wolverton at the time of electrification of the WCML and the era Andy depicts is not that far beyond what I saw, although by the time of full custard ends I was more into girls :)

railsquid

Quote from: newportnobby on February 26, 2017, 07:15:59 PM
OK. I'm a dyed-in-the-wool transition era modeller but this layout is just superb
As a BR blue fan and afficionado of WCML electrics I agree, and insist that you pack the layout and stock carefully and pop it in the post addresssed to "Rail Squid, Rail Squid Mansion, Tokyo, Japan".
  :D :beers:

TylerB

I've had to abandon my earlier attempt at a tram layout because the baseboards weren't good enough (not rigid, not level, etc). So now I've got a kit of bits to build a new, better baseboard, learning from my previous mistakes. All I need now is the motivation to actually begin again...

Selmar

Starting from scratch after a 50 year gap on a 1200x900 n gauge layout (http://www.osbornsmodels.com/st-pl3-peco-complete-track-package-for-peco-setrack-plan-3-3535-p.asp) plus extras. Dynamis Ultima DCC and Megapoints control. I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations