So, how old are you, roughly?

Started by Lawrence, January 08, 2011, 07:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Chris' post "I'm only 31 so there is plenty of time" got me thinking.

What kind of age range meander through this wonderful little forum, be honest now  :evil:

I'll start it off, I am not 50 yet, but will be by the end of the year  :thumbsdown:

p.s.  next brilliant idea will be to have a forum members gallery, get those mugshots ready boys, and it will have to be of you, no substitutes  ;D

Claude Dreyfus

I'm 32, so comfortably within the second band... This year marks 25 years of me being into N Gauge; which means I was quite an early starter...

cloughie

a mate of mine once asked me what year was I born in, I said 1956, do you know what he said, he said is that b.c. ::) cheeky sod ;D
cloughie
am I there yet

jonclox

:-[ :-[
BTW I`m nothing 'roughly'........I`m exactly ...... cough splutter  ........ty five.............  young
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

1whitemoor

Acording to this i'm the only under 21...

:-\
oh well, not that much "under" i suppose

findus

Im 26 but feel about 12, guess that cant be a bad thing  :smiley-laughing:

Chris

Quote from: 1whitemoor on January 08, 2011, 08:38:19 PM
Acording to this i'm the only under 21...

:-\
oh well, not that much "under" i suppose

I think Ollie is as well but I might be wrong.

poliss

I'm as old as my tongue, but not quite as old as my teeth.   :P ;D

tadpole

I appear to be the third, fourth or fifth oldest so far. ::)
Does that mean I can be grumpy, forgetful and just generally "senior"?
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

How rude and intrusive this poll is!   :o :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

I'm 28, and my dad gave me my first N Gauge layout when I was 11 (I think).  I had a circle of used and battered track from Arnold, Peco, Farish....  The set of points I had derailed the rolling stock all the time - I can't even remember what make it was, but I think it was European.  I had a Lima diesel shunter which took about 6 laps of pushing it to get it warmed up, and even then I had to have it on full blast to stop it jerking!   ;D  The track was blu-tacked to my desk in my bedroom.....with a few bloodstains on it from pushing all the fishplates on by hand.   :smiley-laughing:

Sailor Charon

Old enough to know better, but young enough to... gaaah. Not complete that sentence, it seems... (What's that they say about thinking ahead?)
My waist is smaller than my age. And that's all I'll say. :)
I just keep trying to get a little better
Said a little better than before

TWICK9

With a bit of luck I shall be 70 in March. Although my health means my N gauge modeling days are now are over and my layout Briford is being broken up. But I will still enjoy looking at your layouts. Brian.

Tank

Sorry to hear that Brian.  Your layout is amazing.  It's a shame you can't keep it, or at the very least sell it to someone.  It is a big beast though!

jonclox

Quote from: TWICK9 on January 09, 2011, 12:10:59 PM
With a bit of luck I shall be 70 in March. Although my health means my N gauge modeling days are now are over and my layout Briford is being broken up. But I will still enjoy looking at your layouts. Brian.
Congratulations Brian. You have a 5 year head start on me and although I do my best with  :NGAUGE: it can be a struggle at times and like you health problems dont help matters.
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

oscar

71 next week and laid up with a fractured pelvis after a slip on the ice! Won't be in the loft for 4 months.... :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations