4x2's new toy !

Started by 4x2, November 22, 2012, 10:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x2

I've just spent a small fortune on a decent Airbrush set up.... Neo (by Iwata) airbrush and Iwata Silver Jet compressor.

I went to the International Plastic Model Society show at Telford a few weeks ago, and a came across a stand selling Iwata airbrushes. They had one set up with paint for people to try - i did - i bought one ! I really can't recommend this airbrush enough.... it's simple, easy to use, easy to clean and not too expensive (£45 for the airbrush).

The compressor is the important bit though... I did think of getting a cheap one for £50, but after reading some reviews I decided to dive in head first and get the best I could afford (£126 !). It's quiet, oil free, pulse free and comes with all bits you need to get started (minus airbrush and cleaning stuff).

My bank account has had a battering, but for once I don't regret it - not even a bit !  :P
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

zwilnik

Looks great!

I've just started playing with airbrushing, but still on cans until I get the hang of it. Where did you get the compressor from btw?

4x2

Quote from: Zwilnik on November 22, 2012, 10:39:35 PM
Looks great!

I've just started playing with airbrushing, but still on cans until I get the hang of it. Where did you get the compressor from btw?
I bought the compressor from www.graphicair.co.uk found them with a google search and at £126 with free postage - it was the cheapest i could find !
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

davieb

i can only agree with 4x2 regarding the neo airbrush it is a really good airbrush for the price  :thumbsup:

i have had mine for a week now and i really like it

the compressor i use is what looks like a cheap version of the one pictured the only difference i can see is the silver case and on my one
the airflow regulator and the pressure gauge are in the opposite locations

the only problem is that it is not exactly quiet but for £20 in a hobbycraft sale what can you expect  :hmmm:

4x2 i hope you are going to take some pics of the results with your new toy  :camera:

dave  :thumbsup:

4x2

will do !

I've got a loco body that i'm gonna do from scratch. I'll do a 'how to' after i've had a bit more practice...

Mike

longbridge

OK there's one in every crowd, with your user name being 4x2 I thought you had bought a new electric saw, gee how wrong was I.

Great airbrush, I always believed you only get what you pay for and by all accounts the model you bought sure got some rave reviews, well done  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations