Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

Quote from: daffy on January 17, 2017, 08:39:52 PM
Just laughed out loud when I read an internet-based review of a model shop in the West Midlands that had moved to new larger premises. The reviewer described it as "very spaceshush".  :o

Priceless! :D

Maybe it used to be a large Public Library. :hmmm:
Just wondering which shop it is?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daffy

Quote from: Malc on January 18, 2017, 04:11:53 PM
Just laughed out loud when I read an internet-based review of a model shop in the West Midlands that had moved to new larger premises. The reviewer described it as "very spaceshush".  :o

There is an infra-draw for the first correct answer on a postcard  ;) to Horace Batchelor, Keynsham, that's K.E.Y.N.S.H.A.M., Bristol. ;)

If no-one works it out by 2020 I'll post the answer. (BTW, that's the year, not the time. :P)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

mickeyflinn

Could it be Hobbyrail?

daffy

Quote from: mickeyflinn on January 18, 2017, 05:00:47 PM

Could it be Hobbyrail?

..... and the winner is..... yes, Mickey, Hobbyrail it is. :toot:

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/1860-Hobbyrail
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Lord only knows how they would spell 'fasseeshush' then :worried:

Malc

Quote from: daffy on January 18, 2017, 04:35:53 PM
There is an infra-draw for the first correct answer on a postcard  ;) to Horace Batchelor, Keynsham, that's K.E.Y.N.S.H.A.M., Bristol. ;)

If no-one works it out by 2020 I'll post the answer. (BTW, that's the year, not the time. :P)
Horace advertised a Pools system on Radio Luxembourg, I seem to remember. I always wondered, if it was that good, why did he have to sell it to make money?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

I remember listening to Radio Luxemburg, hearing Horace selling his pools winning method. Also Dan Dare and Digby who used to get into all sorts of scrapes and adventures.

Ah! Them waz the days!

Dave G

Bealman

Heck, Dave, even I remember Radio Luxembourg!

Eeek.  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

We were in Northern Ireland between 1954 -1957 (I was 7 when we moved there) where dad was stationed and the radio reception was often very bad.

With no TV back then it was the Light Programme during the day and Luxemburg for that special part of the evening.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Mondays: 7:15 pm – The Adventures of Dan Dare, "Pilot of the future" – fifteen minutes serial heard Monday to Friday and featuring the voice of Noel Johnson who also played the part of Dick Barton on BBC radio. This serial began on 2 July 1951 and ran for five years.

Dave G

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

My Dad bought a new radio when I was young that had a big red zone marked on the tuning panel just for Radio Luxembourg, at 208 medium wave I think. My older brother would always have it tuned to it.

Also as a boy I had the 'Eagle' comic every week, and the 'Eagle Annual' book every Christmas. Dan Dare, Pilot if the Future, was the first picture story In every comic.
Also featured were cutaway drawings of loads of interesting things for young boys, like trains, boats and planes.

We may have the Internet, but there will always be a place in my heart for the Eagle.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Bob Tidbury

I used to like those cutaway drawings and I persuaded Mr Moore the boss of the children's home to buy the Eagle as it taught all us boys how things worked so it could be classed as educational.
Bob

Bob Tidbury

Very Happy and very proud of my stepson Omar Meziane who was on The Hairy Bikers programme on BBC One today and now thanks to his mate Smithy has gone worldwide on Facebook as well .
More programmes to come on the tele soon with other TV Chefs.
Bob

paulprice

I have been working on some storage trays for my stock, and in the process found a Black 5, 4F and 8F I did not know I had. :)

Brilliant

Newportnobby

I've no idea how they got there but they're mine.
Hands off! :telloff:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations