Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

Commiserations, Mick.

Having had crowns fitted I know how you feel.

Guess these repairs are due to the heavy-handed but urgent event during your earlier ticker rebuild.

No chance of getting any help with the bills?

Dave G

port perran

I know how you feel , particularly money wise!
Nonetheless, it will be worth it in the long run.
Meanwhile.........take it easy.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

RailGooner

I can certainly sympathise. A crown that's probably a decade old had a bit shatter off a few weeks ago. No pain yet, and I'm hoping it stays that way till the new year when I might have some spare money. :-X

guest311

I am beginning to think that I was lucky when I was the first into the NAAFI one night, in NI, and very shortly the first down on the floor  :-[

for some reason, they all used to turn on us when we turned up  ???

anyway, a couple of weeks at Cosford, ops, and a set of partial dentures, surgical ward so a bottle of Guiness each night [good for the blood]  :beers:

a few years later, into Wroughton, remaining nashers out, and a full set fitted.

those were of course in the days of RAF / ARMY/ Royal Navy hospitals, long sold off and now a ward in an NHS hospital.

so now, teeth like stars, they come out at night n :smiley-laughing:

still got the RAF nashers, real quality, doubt today's NHS ones would last as long.

The Q

just setting up a $60,000 piece of equipment ready for next weeks work.., it went back to the USA when it first arrived, as dead on arrival.
Now it's back ....the cover is fitted backwards and the fan is blowing air out of the fiilter (not sucking it in) so it's making a huge noise, didn't they check it and Calibrate it before sending?

Luckily I just work for the company and It's their money I'm wasting doing this..

daffy

My sympathies Mick. Having had a crown break off recently that was due to a split root and meant the total loss of the tooth just a week ago, I share your pain.

As for Christmas, your new teeth will be your crowning moment! :sorrysign:

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Newportnobby

Quote from: daveg on November 16, 2018, 12:42:22 PM

Guess these repairs are due to the heavy-handed but urgent event during your earlier ticker rebuild.

No chance of getting any help with the bills?

Dave G

Spot on, Dave. My front top 4 teeth got smashed during emergency intubation. I had them repaired on the cheap but they became discoloured after 2½ years.
I've not even considered chasing any sort of comp as, at the end of the day, I'm still here thanks to their great work.

Malc

I wouldn't worry about your teeth Mick. If the news is to believed, all you will have soon is gruel, which just requires a good suck and no chewing.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

acko22

Well I am confused now, so I emailed Network Rail in August for information on two stations (Alfreton and Salford Cresent) mainly the architectural drawings of them.
They are both prefab buildings and they have given me ideas for my layout, so they have finally responded and err they don't have them. how can they not have the drawings of their own buildings I mean I have the drawings and stuff for my house as part of my housing pack from when I bought it!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

guest311

you're still not thinking like a civilian.  :no:

acko22

Quote from: class37025 on November 27, 2018, 01:17:17 PM
you're still not thinking like a civilian.  :no:

:sorrysign: still trying to become less institutionalised here! But good to see common sense is still as much as mystical beast on the outside as it is in the madhouse!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: acko22 on November 27, 2018, 01:14:56 PM
Well I am confused now, so I emailed Network Rail in August for information on two stations (Alfreton and Salford Cresent) mainly the architectural drawings of them.
They are both prefab buildings and they have given me ideas for my layout, so they have finally responded and err they don't have them. how can they not have the drawings of their own buildings I mean I have the drawings and stuff for my house as part of my housing pack from when I bought it!

No big surprise to me.  In my days doing Station surveys for the then Railtrack we surveyed 100's of sites many of these were Scotrail Stations. I was working employed by ATOS (I think) lost count after we changed hands but the completed surveys were not available to the other companies after Railtrack folded. I was still working on Scotrail sites when I discovered that they could not access this data. It had cost up to £25,000 for each station survey.  No I did not get a cut...    I guess whoever built your 2 stations did for BR and so the plans probably remain the property of the eesigners / builders.  Uteer blocks in my opinion but probably true.

This has reopened a 13 year old wound, move to Angry thread or the BROS website!!

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Ian Bowden

I thought Salford crescent was heavily modified as part of the ordsall chord. I read somewhere there was issues with the platform depth. If so that was in the last few years

RailGooner

So I'm part of a team of four providing IT services to a teaching/research department of a leading university. Today we attended a 'consultation' meeting on the future provision of IT services. Under the smoke-screen of reducing risk - the real reason as ever is cost cutting by reducing the wage bill - we've been officially notified that we at risk of redundancy, while they now look to contract out service provision.

The Head of Administration (HoA) pointed to increasing issues over the past 12 months. When I pushed for examples, she eventually mumbled about one incident some two years ago. Apparently the main culprit was the previous IT Manager, who HoA replaced 12 months ago with her own man - that position should've been mine.

I wasn't going to go quietly and pointed out that if one of her managers failed, then she had failed also: 1) she failed to manage the failing manager; 2) she failed by rewarding the failing manager with a new management position; 3) she failed by appointing her own man, who then managed a year of increasing issues.

So who are the people now paying the price for this catalogue of management failures?  Yep, the workers! :veryangry: I should be angrier than I am, but I feel sadness and disappointment the most. Teaching and research will be the biggest losers.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations