rail served light industry 1980s and early 90s

Started by bluedepot, August 02, 2018, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluedepot

hi everyone

cheers for further replies!

i draw up a design with a chipboard factory or a lighting factory, basically a long siding with loading dock and a run round loop....   then i draw an alternate design which included some hard-standing and an extra siding for road rail trans-shipment... of something or other....  then i draw another design that added in some engineers' sidings elsewhere on the plan...

i think actually less is more, i prefer to have longer sidings but less of them really, and have more open space...

anyway still researching various options... i.e. flicking through traction magazines and various books...

best wishes

tim

scottishlocos

Tim

If you are looking through Traction have a look for the Bloxwich trip working it was a zinc smelter zinc blocks were brought in in VGAs or Cargowaggonsand all manner of locos were used I am sure the 31 in your pic would have been used but I am sure 31 37 47 56 58 and possibly 20s and 60s all worked this train at some point
There was a very modelable level crossing to access the site as well

Dave

bluedepot

cheers dave i looked it up and i may incorporate the level crossing!

scottishlocos

Tim

Good luck I am gutted I didn't add a level crossing to my layout as the were a feature of the branch I modelled

Dave

porkie

Have a butchers at Cobra Railfreight terminal near Wakefield.

:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

Buzzard

Quote from: woodbury22uk on August 02, 2018, 09:33:11 PMThe Duncan Transrail terminal in Salford

Rail Express did a feature on the terminal a couple of years back I think.

More than a couple, it was the October 2013 edition.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations