The Great Glen...

Started by Zogbert Splod, February 28, 2017, 01:19:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Have a look at this little article about it, i think it would be great, especially if they can get others people interested in our hobby.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-39114195

The collaboration between CH4 and the Beeb are the same, because the Beeb own CH4 don't they? Or they make programs for each other, too much for me   :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

Happy Modelling.       :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Portpatrick

Shades of what's his name from Top Gear  but far more ambitious.   Great idea though.  And to think there was at least one proposal to put a 12 inch to the foot railway through there.  The idea appears as the basis for a track plan in one of Iain Futers excellent books.

Komata

And all the thieves ad free-loaders will gather!!

Are the proponents of this scheme REALLY  serious? Do they actually KNOW what they are proposing? At its most basic, how on earth are they going to provide sufficient security to stop the track from 'walking', and as for the lcomotives and rolling stock!  Free to a good home, no questions asked (Fell of a lorry Guv')

Had they been proposing a 71/4" -gauge railway (or even a 5" one) there might have been some merit, but OO?? Really?

And it's not even 1 April....
"TVR - Serving the Northern Taranaki . . . "

Steamie+

Zogbert Splod

The more I learn about this, the less interested I become.

"It's modelling Jim, but not as we know it... Not as we know it, Jim..... "

(the more I experience 'predictive texting' the less I like that too...) edit to fix what my tablet did to my post! LOL
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Yet_Another

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on March 28, 2017, 02:43:08 PM
"It's modelling Jim, but not as we know it... Not as we know it, Jim..... "
And that's before you scrape off whatever it is on the starboard bow.

The phrase 'media circus' would appear to fit the bill.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

emjaybee

Nope, just a bunch of clowns.

:smackedface:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Zogbert Splod

Quote from: Yet_Another on March 28, 2017, 03:11:47 PM
...The phrase 'media circus' would appear to fit the bill.
Yeah, that's about it...

This MIGHT turn out to be interesting but if you turn it on to watch a show about model railways, well, nah, I don't think so.
"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

Steamie+

I would love to see a program about model railways whatever gauge it is, but preferably    :ngauge:

violets49

Long time since theres been a decent programme about model railways on terrestial TV. I remember one from Belfast by Ulster TV I think That was presented by Drew donaldson and R.C.(Robbo) Ormiston-Chant. The first time I had ever set eyes on 'Robbo the Yobbo' and I was sore disapointed. I expected a pluffed up buffoon with a handlebar moustache and a voice that could penetrate solid rock. Actually he was a quietly spoken (At least on screen) elderly man of average height and build. Drew Donaldson you may remember was from Belfast and built O scale Irish gauge clockwork. It was an entertaining programme for its time. I seem to remember there was a programme on one of the cable channels during the brief period when we had NTL. It was... a bit amateurish.

DELETED

Any more neews on this? It's strange living in the area thers's no sniff about it but maybe no surprise.  I still think it's a "nice" idea, but I can't see how justifiable costs stack-up for it -accountants should have killed it off ages ago.

Rich

Steamie+

Not heard a whisper at all, but you know what all these producers are like,they will let on what they are doing then keep everything hush hush lol.   :laugh3: :laugh3:

cohort

Fascinated by the ambition of this project. I will certainly be keeping my eye on Channel 4 in the future. Is there any talk about a Guinness BOR attempt?

emjaybee

Okay, this project has finally surfaced in the real world. I just caught a snippet of a advert, Dick Strawbridge is in the mix, although I missed a lot of the details.

I did see a wooden trestle bridge though!

Keep your eyes open.

:thumbsup:
Brookline build thread:

emjaybee

Just seen the whole ad. 71 miles of track.

Sunday 8.00pm

Let's see what the world of smoke and mirrors television has to offer.

Brookline build thread:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77