DJ Models class 17 Clayton

Started by Dalek, February 03, 2018, 02:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeMo

Quote from: railsquid on February 12, 2018, 03:07:21 PM
Would that be a sufficiently tenuous connection to justify a 17?  :hmmm:

Probably not, no.

But I believe that one wasn't accounted as Cashmore's scrap yard in Wales. Rumour has it that there was a mix-up with a retired Pullman coach that happened to have the same number. Imagine the surprise of the Japanese entrepreneur in Osaka who wound up with a clunky diesel instead of the luxury carriage he'd hoped to convert into a novelty sushi bar! No idea what happened to the loco after that. Perhaps someone else knows?  ;)

Cheers, NeMo
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Bob Tidbury

I have a class 17 kit with an Arnold chassis and that will cope with very tight curves.
But I dont know if that is a  correct scale model or adapted to fit the chassis.
Im not even sure what body kit it is I bought it ready painted and running from a layout at a show.That was a while ago when I was working now Im retired I cant afford luxuries any more.
Bob Tidbury

Portpatrick

I currently have a Parkwood body on the Kato DD13 chassis.  The bonnets are a bit high mesning the cab windows are too low.  But good runner and looks fair. 

NeMo

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 12, 2018, 04:01:54 PM
I have a class 17 kit with an Arnold chassis and that will cope with very tight curves.

Quote from: Portpatrick on February 12, 2018, 04:23:40 PM
I currently have a Parkwood body on the Kato DD13 chassis.

Thanks chaps! These both sound interesting kits. Any chance of some pics?

Cheers, NeMo

Bob Tidbury

Thanks Portpatrick  I think mine is a  Parkwood body.
Bob Tidbury

Portpatrick

[Thanks chaps! These both sound interesting kits. Any chance of some pics?

Cheers, NeMo
[/quote]

Attached a photo.  Taken on my phone so not brilliant.  It is only 8mp and I suffer from quite severe tremor which never helps.  The "kit" is a resin body .  I had buffers in stock.  The chassis is wired back to front, but I cannot see how to get it apart such that it will go the same way as everything else.  I slightly bevelled the moulding on the lower edge of the cab windows and painted the bevel black like the rest of the window.  This slightly mitigates the fact the bonnets are high  to clear the chassis and so cab windows are low.  I have been happy with the result and then Dave announced his RTR version.  I have 2 on order!

Oh, and while I applied the BR totem, I did not fancy trying to put numbers on it.

Portpatrick

another attempt at adding the picture

Portpatrick

No idea what is going on.  I click on add image to post.  Duly fill in the fields for adding a picture and click on add picture but the pictures is not being added to the post.  Can anyone explain please. 

Bob Tidbury

Hi Nemo if you go on Utube search Bob Tidbury  you will find a clip of the Clayton pulling the Forum coach, and others of my layout .
I cant remember how to put a link Im an absolute idiot with technology.I cant even manage to put more photos in my media folder though many members have tried to show me.
Bob Tidbury

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Portpatrick on February 12, 2018, 07:59:43 PM
No idea what is going on.  I click on add image to post.  Duly fill in the fields for adding a picture and click on add picture but the pictures is not being added to the post.  Can anyone explain please.

Check you have a file type it can accept.  You should get a script added to your message like this with a couple more brackets.

"url=http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view&id=60893][img width=600 height=800]http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/gallery/60/3761-220118193514.jpeg[/img[/url"

Portpatrick

Hopefully this has done it.  Sure the process was as easy as adding to a Facebook post last time I did it.

Portpatrick

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on February 12, 2018, 07:47:54 PM
Thanks Portpatrick  I think mine is a  Parkwood body.
Bob Tidbury

Good video Bob.  What colour did you use for the cab window surrounds.  Looks more realistic than the Sherwood Green I used on mine - bought it to correct the SYP on a Poole made class 47 on which the yellow was wrapped around the corners. And I have used a dirtier grey on the roof. John Hooper's book published by Book Law is a minefield of good stuff on this fascinating class.

NeMo

Quote from: Portpatrick on February 12, 2018, 08:12:08 PM
Hopefully this has done it.  Sure the process was as easy as adding to a Facebook post last time I did it.

Worked a charm. Certainly a well-made model. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, NeMo

Bob Tidbury

:thankyousign: Lindi could you please find the clip.that shows the Clayton and the forum coach and post that one on here as that would be great.
Portpatrick sorry I dont know what colours were used on my Clayton I bought it R T R from Ian Stoat.
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations