No Buying Month (June)

Started by StufromEGDL, May 30, 2013, 04:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StufromEGDL

Hi Gang;

Well here goes....after failing miserably in May...and with a Class 70 ordered, I'm going to try and be a good lad for once and rein in the spending for June.

Weakeniing point may be the availability of Farish Mk 2s!!!

Later;
STU from EGDL
A selection of my pictures, real & model ARE NOW to be found at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swidnod/

I always find things in the last place I look. weird huh??

James C

So, what are the odds then? ;)

Oldman

Not playing in June.
Got to get 5x Peco 10' 5 plank wagons for the brickworks and looking at another Marklin 0-6-0  Z gauge tank loco  for the donor chassis.
Also waiting on a Shapeways  project someone is doing to be finalised.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

johnlambert

June has been nominated 'No Buying Month' for me too.  I could do with a bit of a break in railway spending to save up for some of the forthcoming releases (Dapol's Western and West Country, Farish's City of Coventry) plus all the other items I'd like to buy at some point.  Hope I can make it through the next few weeks, I can resist anything except temptation.  :smiley-laughing:

Paul B

I'm not planning to buy anything model railway related in June - but we do go on holiday next week for a couple of weeks, and aren't too far from Gaugemaster...  :'(
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

bigbob

Wigan show in June, i`ll see you next month :)

Oldman

Quote from: Paul B on May 30, 2013, 07:18:13 PM
I'm not planning to buy anything model railway related in June - but we do go on holiday next week for a couple of weeks, and aren't too far from Gaugemaster...  :'(

If you visit Gaugemaster  big fail, I don't know anyone who has walked in there and not spent anything. :D
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Pete Mc

Beat me to it bigbob.That one word should strike fear into anyones wallet.

Only two weeks to go though so theres a bit of time for abstaining from spending money on train stuff,then blow it in a matter of minutes.

My record is around five minutes upon entering the exhibition.This year though,I have no list of loco's or rolling stock that I want/need to buy,just what sound decoders do I want to fit next.I have loco's ready and waiting for them to be added as I have been beavering away doing all the necessary work on the chassis and mechanisms to ensure perfect running.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

bigbob

I have a budget and plan on using it :)

guest311

Quote from: bigbob on May 30, 2013, 09:27:05 PM
I have a budget and plan on using it :)

I'm the same, every month  :angel:

then it starts, the slow trickle of parcels from Hattons .. :o

that's nice, I can use it for ...... :doh:

I need one of those ..... :drool:

etc

Then of course Tank lists a pile of stuff  :veryangry:

still, maybe I'll manage to keep to both budget and plan one month  :no:

Tank

port perran

Not planning on buying in June but, of course, still waiting for the pesky Class 22s.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Ollie3440

With the Farish Horsebox and MK2's (lots on order!) Due, and the Dapol Western and LT/BR Panniers also apparently due as well this month Somehow i feel i will fail for June!!

Ollie

:NGaugersRule:
Hi I'm Ollie, and I'm a addicted to buying MK1s......

My Previous Exhibition Layout - The Sheaf Valley Railway
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24.0

My Current Exhibition Layout - Wenlock
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23228.0

Sprintex

No buying for me, still have car stuff to pay for ;)

Plus the fact I have enough scenic materials to keep me occupied for the next six months at least :laugh:

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations