Dapol Mark 3 Coaches

Started by colinb, September 16, 2017, 01:51:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinb

Can anyone guide me how to remove the body from a Dapol Mark 3 coach?

njee20

Just pull! You've got the wires to the contacts for the lights you'll need to do something with if you want to fully separate them.

geoffc

Hi
Remove the roof, on the floor at each end you will see two black "squares" these are the clips that hold the underframe to the body, push one pair to the centre of the body and down to release them, then move the chassis towards the centre of the coach to release the other pair. If you want to separate it completely you will have to disconnect the wires from the body to the chassis pick ups. If you intend refitting the body make sure you mark it before dismantling so that it is fitted the correct way around. If you can obtain a copy of the Dapol Collectors Club 2nd quarter 2017 newsletter it is fully described in my article on the Night Riviera.

Geoff

njee20

It does depend why you're wanting to do it too. with the roof off you can remove all the glazing and seating units, if you're repainting, you don't actually need to remove the underframe.

geoffc

If you want to remove the seat units you have to drop the underframe to disconnect the wires to the plug in the seat unit for the lightbars. The TGS and RFB have two piece glazing whereas the TFO and TSO have one piece glazing which is more complicated to remove.

Geoff

Vonzack

For me grab the body just behind the bogey in one hand, then the underframe with the other and wiggle while pulling apart, they separate very easily.

Cheers.

colinb

Many thanks for all the responses. I have now safely removed the body (and put it back again!)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations