Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

railsquid

Quote from: daveg on March 22, 2017, 04:23:37 PM
Looks good to me.

I've a Poole GWR railcar that sounds like our next door neighbour has started his company car. He's a farmer and runs about in a big yellow JCB!

Wasn't a complaint, just happy it ran without than ominous click-click-click sound of split gears. If I want real noise I put something from Lima or GDR-era Piko on the rails :D

I'm still slightly freaked out by the fact that sectorisation-era stuff seems very modern to me, but in N gauge terms it's pretty ancient. On the plus side the very small circle of people in Japan into British stuff seem to prefer post-BR models, saw a Farish HST in one of those post-privatisation liveries fetch a relatively eye-watering price recently.

Newportnobby

The colour is not to my taste but it's a nice collection.
Mind if I ask where you sourced them please?

austinbob

Quote from: escafeld on March 25, 2017, 04:28:03 PM
A trio of Class 101 DMU's

Very nice. Not my era, need some green ones but, still very nice.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

RailGooner

Graham Farish 372-311 Merchant Navy Class 35023 'Holland-Afrika Line' new from TrackShack. This is destined to become a BoB Class.

Peco NR-305 CDA Hopper Wagon x4 good as new from ebay, for the cost of two new.

Graham Farish 377-926 PCA Bulk Powder Wagon x5 good as new from ebay, for the cost of three new.

austinbob

I predict a shortage of those lovely Merchant Navy class locos very soon. Mine's a Clan Line...
:) :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

SymonC

So I've been to the Ally Pally show today and seemed to have accidentally spent £235  :help:

I'll take some pics later but purchases were

A Southern Dapol Schools Class loco & 6 Southern Maunsell Coaches

A Kato 8 car Eurostar  and

A Dapol 4 car Virgin Voyager (which my brother paid for as a birthday present!)

dannyboy

Quote from: SymonC on March 25, 2017, 06:52:55 PM
seemed to have accidentally spent

It would appear that this is an affliction that affects a lot of us. A bit like going to a new destination and, before setting off, looking to see if there just happens to be a model shop there.  ;)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Newportnobby

Ignoring the freebie Voyager I'd say you got pretty good buys there, Symon.

Steamie+

Quote from: RailGooner on March 25, 2017, 06:10:09 PM
Graham Farish 372-311 Merchant Navy Class 35023 'Holland-Afrika Line' new from TrackShack. This is destined to become a BoB Class.

Peco NR-305 CDA Hopper Wagon x4 good as new from ebay, for the cost of two new.

Graham Farish 377-926 PCA Bulk Powder Wagon x5 good as new from ebay, for the cost of three new.

Like the Merchant Navy a lot.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Big bad John

That's a nice loco Mick for a BoB conversion but are there any models suitable for conversion into a rebuilt BoB class even if it has to be an old model otherwise I may go the same route with the unrebuilt version.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Big bad John on March 27, 2017, 06:56:55 AM
are there any models suitable for conversion into a rebuilt BoB class even if it has to be an old model otherwise I may go the same route with the unrebuilt version.

@Big bad John
I have 2 MNs in a rebuilt state - 372-300 East India Line and Holland America Line from the Atlantic Coast Express pack 370-225 if those references help you find one.

Big bad John

:thankyousign:
Would they make a reasonable conversion to a BoB or WC class. I'm not too fussy about very fine detail or total accuracy.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Big bad John on March 27, 2017, 09:34:16 AM
:thankyousign:
Would they make a reasonable conversion to a BoB or WC class. I'm not too fussy about very fine detail or total accuracy.

That I don't know, John :dunce:
You'd need to PM one of our loco builders such as Dr Al or Atso

Big bad John

Just been comparing some pictures from Hattons to some photo's that I have of Sir Keith Park and Taw Valley and they are very similar. Close enough to start with anyway now I just need to find one that ain't going to cost stupid amounts of money.

RailGooner

Quote from: austinbob on March 25, 2017, 06:14:44 PM
I predict a shortage of those lovely Merchant Navy class locos very soon. Mine's a Clan Line...
:) :beers:

Especially once the Modelmaster WC/BoB nameplates are available again.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations