The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonclox

Jen (Thomas and Emilys mum) Has thrown Mark (their dad) out of the house and demanding we go and "remove him"
from her  :o (???) property.
She has already made Mark go and get a flat for himself  :censored:. Saturday she struck Mark with a kiddies pram and now the police are involved.  :veryangry:
She has gone away with the fairies again for the 3rd time this year.
Its all going to end in tears :censored:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Newportnobby

Sorry, Jon, but I feel we shouldn't pass comment as, invariably, there is more than one side to the equation. It's an awful situation but it seems Mark is old enough to realise he needs legal advice.
Obviously this not good for you and I hope a resolution is found very soon as your concentration should be focused on your own health.

jonclox

Quote from: newportnobby on March 20, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
Sorry, Jon, but I feel we shouldn't pass comment as, invariably, there is more than one side to the equation. It's an awful situation but it seems Mark is old enough to realise he needs legal advice.
Obviously this not good for you and I hope a resolution is found very soon as your concentration should be focused on your own health.
No problem NPN I just need to "vent steam" before   getting on with my life  >:D
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

themadhippy

QuotePretty miffed today about an ebay / online click-and-brick outfit: Spiratronics.
T'is why in only deal with the larger established suppliers these days ,there also often cheaper.your pots are 50p cheaper at cpc,spend over £5 an its  free p+P.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on March 20, 2017, 03:25:25 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on March 20, 2017, 03:00:47 PM
No problem NPN I just need to "vent steam" before   getting on with my life  >:D

Better vented than bottled up, Jon ;)
My excuse for being 'windy' :-[

scottmitchell74

So my Dapol EWS Class 58 that started smoking two minutes into its life...Modelrailwaysdirect is instantly pawning me off to DCC Supplies instead of offering a refund...and I'm on the hook for shipping it back across the Atlantic!! T

This rant and the mega-thread about Dapol's latest happenings makes me think being a British-image modeler "over-seas" might not be in my best interest.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

themadhippy

Quote..Modelrailwaysdirect is instantly pawning me off to DCC Supplies instead of offering a refund
point them in the direction of  the consumer rights act.
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/how-to-get-a-faulty-product-replaced-or-repaired
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

austinbob

Does that apply if it was bought abroad?
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

scottmitchell74

Well, now as a "courtesy" they're offering a refund...but I have to ship it back and that costs $22.50!!

I'm so frustrated right now. British N-Gauge (something I've dreamed about for years now) may just be too risky. Be on the lookout for some great deals!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

daveg

That's really tough but I guess you'd need to return anything faulty back to the supplier and it's a darned shame you are having to pay so much

Is there any chance you can get MRD to cover some if not all of the return costs?

Appreciate the trouble is more than disappointing but hope that you carry on with your British N gauge modelling.

Dave G

scottmitchell74

daveg

I'm working on them right now (although it's bedtime for them now). I'm hoping we can work something out.

I really don't know what to think. Policies are policies, but having to shell out that much money to return something that was BRAND NEW is hard to stomach.

dannyboy

On 3rd March I ordered an item and accessories from a retailer via ebay. The accessories arrived on 14th, but not the item. On checking the tracking information, it show that two packages were sent and confirms that one was delivered. As the 2nd package has not arrived, I put in a claim a couple of hours ago and stated in the claim that two packages were sent but only one received. An acknowledgement was received from ebay at 10.57pm. At 11.16pm, (19 minutes later), I get an email stating that the case has been closed. Reason - I am not getting a refund as the item is shown as delivered!!  :censored:. Is the system so automated that there is no one there to read what I had put in the claim, ie only 1 of 2 packages received  ???. I can appeal, but as I live in Ireland, I have to ring them - before 10pm - aaargh!  :censored:. So I have now gone direct to PayPal to submit a claim - we will see what happens next.  Ask me if I am annoyed.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Steamie+

Quote from: escafeld on March 20, 2017, 11:23:43 PM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on March 20, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
daveg

I'm working on them right now (although it's bedtime for them now). I'm hoping we can work something out.

I really don't know what to think. Policies are policies, but having to shell out that much money to return something that was BRAND NEW is hard to stomach.

The Model Railways Direct website states that there terms and conditions does not affect your statutory rights under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act 

Under the consumer Rights Act 2015 Section 9 Paragraph  3e durability - this condition has not been met as the locomotive failed

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/9   

Then Under section 19 - Consumer's rights to enforce terms about goods Paragraph 3a you have the short term right to reject the goods

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/19/enacted

Then under section 20  Paragraph 7a states you get a refund and 8 states the trader must bear the cost of returning the goods

Paragraph 7 states   
" (7)    From the time when the right is exercised—
        (a)    the trader has a duty to give the consumer a refund, subject to subsection (18), and
        (b)    the consumer has a duty to make the goods available for collection by the trader or (if there is an agreement for the consumer to return rejected goods) to return them as agreed."
Paragraph 8 states

"(8)     Whether or not the consumer has a duty to return the rejected goods, the trader must bear any reasonable costs of returning them, other than any costs incurred by the consumer in returning the goods in person to the place where the consumer took physical possession of them."

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/20/enacted)

So to decipher this

1. You will need to inform MRD that you are rejecting the goods under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
2. Tell them that it is under Section 9 paragraph 3e durability as the locomotive failed
3. Section 20 paragraph 7a states you will get a full refund
4. Section 20 paragraph 8 the trader (MRD) will have to pay the return postage

Hope this of some help

That is a brilliant bit of help to a member who really wants to do British N Gauge, these shops and companies think we just have to accept what ever they say.

By the way Scograil in Norwich are a very good shop to deal with, i had an item fail on me, not RTR, but a very expensive bit of kit costing over £350 and they sent out a new one next day and even got the courier to pick the faulty on up free of charge.

Hope you get it sorted Scott.   Happy British N Gauge Modelling    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

scottmitchell74

Quote from: Steamie+ on March 21, 2017, 05:48:51 AM
Quote from: escafeld on March 20, 2017, 11:23:43 PM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on March 20, 2017, 10:57:23 PM
daveg

The Model Railways Direct website states that there terms and conditions does not affect your statutory rights under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act 

Under the consumer Rights Act 2015 Section 9 Paragraph  3e durability - this condition has not been met as the locomotive failed

That is a brilliant bit of help to a member who really wants to do British N Gauge, these shops and companies think we just have to accept what ever they say.

By the way Scograil in Norwich are a very good shop to deal with, i had an item fail on me, not RTR, but a very expensive bit of kit costing over £350 and they sent out a new one next day and even got the courier to pick the faulty on cup free of charge.

Hope you get it sorted Scott.   Happy British N Gauge Modelling    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, Steamie. I can't thank @escafeld enough. I sent MRD and DCC Supplies an email (after sleeping on it and calming down) simply stating my wishes and showing them chapter and verse where UK law agrees with me. Thank you, thank you! Now the ball is in their court, we'll see what happens.

I do want to continue with my attempts with British N Gauge. I've already invested enough that it would be a major pain to scrap the whole thing.

:NGaugersRule: :thankyousign:

Ian Bowden

I am waiting again for the gas meter to be changed at the theatre. This time no excuses and lies just nothing. 18 hours wasted waiting so far. The gas supplier has been helpful but doesn't know what is happening as its British Gas who are subcontracting to install the meter. The only good thing is I have been reading a lot more of this forum.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations