Show your Latest GB Loco and Rolling Stock Purchase.

Started by longbridge, June 30, 2012, 09:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

Hi,
At moment the only one decoder 90 degree angle I know (and probably chipped on the Jinty) is the Bachmann 36-556ra....DC compatible

Cheers

Marco
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

MrDobilina

Hey guys,

I'd like to present my first ever train!

TADA:
[smg id=35360 type=preview align=center caption="class 66 EWS weathered"]

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: MrDobilina on February 12, 2016, 01:48:23 PM
Hey guys,

I'd like to present my first ever train!

TADA:
[smg id=35360 type=preview align=center caption="class 66 EWS weathered"]

Lovely! I'm not a modern image fan in general but I find myself liking the EWS liveries locos more and more. The weathering looks very good too :) I hope you enjoy it!!!!
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

Skyline2uk

Good quality choice for your first loco there, and let's be honest there are enough 66s around in the real world to let you locate you layout pretty much anywhere.

Skyline2uk

Les1952

My "new" WD

Bought last week from Ian Arkley via eBay.  Arrived Tuesday morning, and by the end of the day it had been renumbered from 90566 to a Darlington favourite 90011.  I had also by this stage chipped it and changed the tender coal to a part-load of the real stuff, taken in the seventies from the dust in the bottom of my coal house in Hartlepool and stored in a tin or use ever since. I used to have some muscles then, carting the coke in buckets up four flights of stairs to put in in the coal bunker on the balcony of the flat was responsible for that!

By the end of Thursday (yesterday) it looked like this.  A real Darlington long-term esident- it now pairs up with Darlington's 90044 to outnumber West Hartlepool long-timer 90366.  There are three coats of chalk on the loco and tender, with each of the first two sealed with matt varnish before the next coat was applied, and the loco given a spell on the wheel cleaner to keep the grot off the wheel treads.

It will be in action at Doncaster Racecourse this weekend, at Sileby next weekend, Cotgrave in April and the GCR in June.

All the very best
Les

Bealman

Lovely work. Being from the NE myself, I can appreciate beauty when I see it!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Les1952 on February 12, 2016, 10:49:45 PM
My "new" WD

Bought last week from Ian Arkley via eBay.  Arrived Tuesday morning, and by the end of the day it had been renumbered from 90566 to a Darlington favourite 90011.  I had also by this stage chipped it and changed the tender coal to a part-load of the real stuff, taken in the seventies from the dust in the bottom of my coal house in Hartlepool and stored in a tin or use ever since. I used to have some muscles then, carting the coke in buckets up four flights of stairs to put in in the coal bunker on the balcony of the flat was responsible for that!

By the end of Thursday (yesterday) it looked like this.  A real Darlington long-term esident- it now pairs up with Darlington's 90044 to outnumber West Hartlepool long-timer 90366.  There are three coats of chalk on the loco and tender, with each of the first two sealed with matt varnish before the next coat was applied, and the loco given a spell on the wheel cleaner to keep the grot off the wheel treads.

It will be in action at Doncaster Racecourse this weekend, at Sileby next weekend, Cotgrave in April and the GCR in June.

All the very best
Les

Wow! Quite the transformation in three days!  :admiration: Really wonderful work :)

Trainfish

Quote from: Bealman on February 12, 2016, 11:05:12 PM
Lovely work. Being from the NE myself, I can appreciate beauty when I see it!  :thumbsup:

I know what you mean, I've been to Middlesbrough a couple of times and as soon as I left I appreciated the beauty around me  :laugh:

Anyway, I picked up some Freightliner wagons the other day

I think the top left one has a problem though  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

railsquid

Must be one originally destined for the Antipodean export market.

daveg

Nice work on the WD, Les.  :thumbsup:

I have 2 and they run beautifully.  :)

Dave G

Les1952

Quote from: daveg on February 13, 2016, 03:42:26 PM
Nice work on the WD, Les.  :thumbsup:

I have 2 and they run beautifully.  :)

Dave G

Many thanks for the compliment.  My three all run reliably with the following provisos-

90344 only has valve gear on the side nearest the punter.  Nobody prepared to fix it as it is sound fitted.  This is despite the fact I have the replacement parts in stock.

90014 (90044 was a typo) came off the track not long after I'd bought it and damaged the flat brass pony truck spring.  Now running quite happily without it- and has never derailed its pony truck since.

The new one (90011)  is a weakling.  It had to be taken off the planned oil train at Doncaster show as it wasn't going to pull it without slipping- the oil train is 13 Peco tankers with a Peco van at each end and a Farish brake, total 16 vehicles, 32 axles.  I swapped it with 90014 on the steel train. 90014 pulls the oil quite happily and 90011 is happy on the lighter steel train (6 bogie bolsters plus brake).

Of the three 90014 is the strongest, 90011 the weakest and 90344 somewhere in between.  None are up to the coal trains of 18 Dapol hoppers plus brake- one of these runs with a UM J27, with a Farish J39 deputising, while the other has a Dapol B1 tender-first, backup being a different Dapol B1.  That train could be in the Hawthorn Dene article in next month's BRM.

All the very best
Les

daveg

I've found the Peco wagons can be a little bit 'sticky' when compared to Farish and Dapol offerings.

Have you tried swapping the supplied axles with Farish ones or a very gentle tweak to open up the point where the axles meet the wagon frame?

Dave G

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on February 16, 2016, 11:25:34 AM
Purchased all the pieces a wee while ago but recently put together and painted by Richard Boothby

The Network Rail S&C Inspection MPV
[smg id=35507 type=preview align=center caption="DSC03038"]
[smg id=35508 type=preview align=center caption="DSC03039"]
[smg id=35509 type=preview align=center caption="DSC03040"]
[smg id=35510 type=preview align=center caption="DSC03041"]

:thumbsup:  :greatpicturessign:

Really nice job he did with it too! You must be a happy camper :)

Bealman

Totally out of my era, but a very nice model indeed.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Not so much a purchase by me, but a huge 'THANK YOU' to Scotsoft for his Get Well present of a certain train quite dear to my heart. OK, so there's no motor and it's vastly overgauge but I love it.

@scotsoft

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations