Farish 2018 announcement

Started by scruff, January 05, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carmont

Well, with less than 24hours to go, I won't pretend to have a clue really what, if anything, they'll announce. However, what I'd like to (semi-realistically) see is:

Class 24 with headcode box (D5114 - ), in green, with a Scottish number (Tablet catcher a bonus). I'm holding off ordering the etch conversion kit from @EtchedPixels.

Another Class 25 sub class, in green.

LMS Twins, in late service green.

Class 105

A1 60162 St Jounstoun

BR Mk1 Kitchen Car in Maroon, to go with the RFO (arguably the least likely out of my wish list - pie in the sky, indeed.)

BR MK1 BFK

Another BR(S) EMU to run alongside the the green 4CEP.

G_N_E_R

I'm praying for a retooled 91 but I'm not expecting much, besides that a retooled 90 or 158 would be nice but again unrealistic. Maybe some more DBSO's and Mk2s in anglia?

Paul-H

A 25 with sound please and in BR Green  :wave:

Some plank or Mineral wagon with NEM Pockets please as I am fed converting old stock to NEM's with the Dapol kits

And enough of a production run of the next sound fitted steam loco so us mere mortal stand a chance of owning one, unlike the Castle were most were destined to sit out the life in silence in collectors collections

Paul
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

njee20

Given we've yet to see any DBSOs I'm dubious we'll get new liveries.

I desperately cling to the idea they'll downsize the IPA car carriers, even though they've said they won't! Likewise would really like a new 90 and the shrink day to be pointed at the MPV.

I imagine we'll get a whole heap of disappointment and 'consolidation'.

Dorsetmike

As well as there being no LNER tanks there are also no SR 4-6-0s, how about an Arthur, Nelson, S15 or
H 15; to follow the N 2-6-0 it shouldn't be difficult to come up with a U class, N1  or U1.

To move into the "wishful thinking" mode SR classes G6 0-6-0T, G16 4-8-0T, H16 4-6-2T or W 2-6-4T, Z 0-8-0T &  Q class 0-6-0 ; I'll leave hoping for more ex LSWR 4-4-0s to Union Mills.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

gerry9253

MLVs and 2EPBs would please my lonely three 4Ceps.....

News on the Class 319 would be good (with some British style OHLE too).

Electrostars, Thumpers ?

Gerry

njee20

If I were going for a proper left field choice (like the 319 last year) then I'd say an Electrostar isn't such a bad punt.

Adam1701D

Best Regards,
Adam Warr
Peterborough, UK

leachsprite4

Hmmm so bring it on I'd love them to shock us all with a West Country I'd take a rebuilt merchant navy or a king Arthur.

Graham

PLD

I predict mostly reliveries of existing items plus more premium editions like the sound fitted 40. Probably no more than 8-10 new toolings, and those will wherever possible reuse existing parts and/or are in the 4mm range but not produced by anyone in N.

I'd guess:

Steam Locos:
A new version of an ex-Poole loco - probably the Crab though the Compound would be an outside bet. Both would reuse the Fowler Tender from the 4F.
If any thing completely new, I'd guess either a Southern 4-6-0 (are there any that could reuse the tender from the N?) or an LNER K1/3/4 2-6-0 (whichever one it is they do in 00).
I'd like to see the Ivatt 'Flying Pig' 4MT 2-6-0 shrunk down but is it sufficiently different to the BR Standard 4 to sell enough?

Diesel locos:
The only long-lived type now missing to modern standards is the 50 which they are unlikely to risk given the on-off-on-off Dapol saga, so anything new would have to be more 'niche'. The LMS Twins mentioned above are an obvious one as they do them in 00, plus lasted longer, carried more liveries and wandered further than most other early prototypes.

DMUs:
Probably been long enough now since the 101 to consider another transition era DMU. Almost certain to be another short-frame (57ft) unit to utilise existing parts. the 105 is the obvious one being a recent release in 00, the outside chance is the 110 if they choose to do in both scales with the existing Hornby 00 model being rather long in the tooth. Long shot a 117 - they do it in 00 but it's a long frame unit and Dapol do the single car (121) equivalent.
A modern DMU is also a possibility - consensus is the 4mm "Networker" (165/166) is in need of an upgrade so maybe do it in N at the same time?

I doubt anything Electric will be risked at the moment given the seemingly slow moving 350s and Revolution struggling with their proposed 320.

Coaches - I think a completely new type is highly unlikely at the moment, we'll only get additions to existing ranges. I'd like to see the 60 & 64ft length coaches added to the Stanier range (we STILL don't have the most common type - the 60ft CK) but I doubt that will happen. I think more likely is the few remaining missing types in the MK1, Hawksworth & Bullied ranges that fit the existing chassis.

Wagons - engineers types seem to be the flavour of the month.

Rather looking forward to tomorrow's announcements. Being an early to mid 90s modeller, loco's 'off the shelf' have been few and far between over the years for me, and the ones that have been useful to myself have come in very handy for personalising such as renumbering etc without the hassle of full resprays e.g Trainload 37's, 60's etc.

Personally I am still eagerly awaiting the release of the refurbished class 31's. A couple of the Petroleum model's are on my list to be re branded / re numbered as Coal, as well as 47209 in old RFD and IC Mainline 47550 which were announced last year. Oh and 37068! Plenty of renumbering options for these also the Network Rail Class 31, which will be stripped and resprayed into Regional Railways and another in IC Mainline. I doubt very much we will see a Regional or IC Mainline class 31 anytime soon, as the new models are not even out yet, so surly they cannot be offering new livery's for these before the new model is even out.   

As mentioned many a time, a brand new class 87, 90 and 91 are a must! Personally I'd love to see a class 85 and 89 released RTR in 2mm and the class 158 updated. Pie in the sky asking for a class 304 and 310, or maybe even a 323? A cut away cab 47 will certainly make my life a little easier. later RFD examples can easily be modelled then also ILRA XC 47/8's and RES 47/7's. 

Coaches. Well for me being an avid Midlands and North West West modeller, it has to be the Mk2a's in Regional Railways livery! Gave up waiting to be fair and currently got 5 of the new re tooled examples stripped on my bench ready to respray...You watch, they will be announced tomorrow :doh: But when you think about it, with the Regional Railways Mk1's still in stock, this is another doubtful speculation. Mk2 Air Cons would be nice - oh hang on a minute...

Guess we will just have to wait and see...

Lets all hope we get a little something :NGaugersRule:

Cheers
Anthony 

Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

Snowwolflair

Any idea what time the announcement will be made?

emjaybee

Quote from: Snowwolflair on January 06, 2018, 11:27:57 PM
Any idea what time the announcement will be made?

Well, working on their usual timescales, they said it will be tomorrow, so...

...I'm guessing about June?

Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Snowwolflair

Princess Coronation in LMS maroon
GWR County 4-6-0 or 4-4-2T

Bob G