World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all,

Slight dilemma. Pub or home tomorrow?

Overcrowded pub with people you've never seen before and expensive drinks but with great atmosphere or home with cheap drinks, able to smoke inside and 4 barking dogs who don't understand why daddy is either shouting expletives, jumping up and down or crying in the corner.

Can't decide  :doh:

Cheers weave  :beers:

scottmitchell74

I thought the Belgium/Brazil match was particularly thrilling. Even though I was rooting for Belgium, I respect Brazil's effort. They did NOT give in a bit and came awfully close to equalizing late.

Tomorrow!!
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

RailGooner

Had Neymar spent as much time playing football as he did play-acting, Brazil may well have won. His reputation had preceded him into this match and the ref was having none of it. By the time he decided to focus on playing football, despite Belgium tiring, it was too late.

Fair play is coming out on top. :thumbsup:

AlexanderJesse

CONGRATULATIONS.
Now we want to see the 3 Lions bring homr the Cup.
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Newportnobby

The lads got the job done, but I never feel I can relax enough to watch them as they casually knock the ball about between each other. For some reason I always have a feeling of impending doom :uneasy:

Lawrence

Quote from: Newportnobby on July 07, 2018, 08:11:41 PM
The lads got the job done, but I never feel I can relax enough to watch them as they casually knock the ball about between each other. For some reason I always have a feeling of impending doom :uneasy:

That'll be next time round v Croatia  ;)

Newportnobby

Personally i would have preferred to meet Russia as Croatia are far more unorthodox. If, and it's a big 'if', England reach the final against France and beat them, I wouldn't want to be in Chris Froome's shoes in the Tour de France :no: :worried:

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on July 07, 2018, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 07, 2018, 10:27:44 PM
Personally i would have preferred to meet Russia as Croatia are far more unorthodox. If, and it's a big 'if', England reach the final against France and beat them, I wouldn't want to be in Chris Froome's shoes in the Tour de France :no: :worried:

Kenya didn't qualify for the world cup.

Try telling that to the French

bridgiesimon

That is assuming France beat Belgium, not a pushover team!

Newportnobby

Quote from: bridgiesimon on July 07, 2018, 10:37:58 PM
That is assuming France beat Belgium, not a pushover team!

I was only posing a hypothetical possibility not what I believe will actually happen. If I was that good I'd buy lottery tickets ;)

weave

:claphappy:,

Watched it in the pub. So glad I did. Fantastic atmosphere.

It was packed but managed to get a stool on the corner of the dog leg bar which meant I could see both TVs.

A guy came up next to me to get a drink and while stooping over the bar said 'you've got the best place to sit and watch the game'.

I said 'not really, there's a tall bloke with a great big head standing right in front of the main telly. He's not there at the moment'.

You've probably guessed but he stood up tall, turned his back on me and said 'recognise this'.  :worried:. As I looked at his tattooed arms as big as my legs he laughed and said 'sorry mate I'll try and move slightly to the right'. Got chatting. Really nice fella. Phewey  :).

Good performance, Pickford fantastic and a great day.

After 1 am now so have just woken up from what I like to call a football siesta  :D.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS Martin (Port Perran), didn't want to kiss of death it but the Turkish guy in the kebab shop, I found out on Friday, also has a bet on an England v Belgium final so now there are more chances for free kebabs  :claphappy:

Bealman

That's a good story! Could have had a sad ending!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Yeah. You might have had to rename yourself 'Dodge & Weave' :worried:

acko22

Well what a few games!

Personally yeah of course I want to see us in the final, but I won't be upset of we don't get there to say we were in the semi finals.
But I can see us beating Croatia, and from their point of view they had to go to penalties to get through while England won during normal time. My main concern is what tactics Croatia going to play they like to play rough at times especially when their back is against the wall.

But back to the Sweden game, Pickford just wow the saves he pulled of just amazing and fully deserving of the man of the match! I think Everton may struggle to keep hold of him after the World Cup he really has proven his quality and proven all the doubters totally wrong! I would say keeper of the tournament so far yes he has conceded but when it counted he made the saves!
Mechanical issues can be solved with a hammer and electrical problems can be solved with a screw driver. Beyond that it's verbal abuse which makes trains work!!

Newportnobby

Sadly there are those who have no regard for others. I wonder how they'd feel if someone (Geoff Capes, for example) danced on top of their car, or someone died because an ambulance was out of action due to their stupidity. Being drunk (if that was the reason) is no excuse for criminal damage but no doubt no arrests were made ::)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations