World Cup 2018

Started by Bealman, June 16, 2018, 07:42:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Sadly the sun has set on the Land of the Rising Sun in what I believe is the best 45 minutes of football so far in this World Cup. I have my doubts Japanese stamina would have prevailed if extra time had occurred but they were hugely courageous. Belgium V Brazil could be a corker.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lindi on July 02, 2018, 10:02:50 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 02, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
Quote from: Lindi on July 02, 2018, 08:58:38 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on July 02, 2018, 07:42:13 PM
. One is Ronaldo who, having been successful in doing this with Wayne Rooney in 2006, winked most obviously at what I assume was his manager but it was caught on camera for the world to see.

If you deliberately stamp on another players testicles then you deserve to be sent off. There is no excuses for that (even if the opposition had tried to wind him up).

Firstly it was hardly a stamp. Secondly, I agree it should have been a sending off, but by a decision made by the referee and not a cheat from the other side influencing the referees decision.

I didn't see Ronaldo doing anything that is cheating. Players from all teams try to influence the referee.

Then we'll just have to agree to disagree. I believe any player who tries to influence a referee to send another player off is cheating just as badly as someone who scores a goal with their hand quite deliberately. Hopefully VAR may help in such instances.

themadhippy

why cant they all just man up and play to the same rules as the playground,go in for a hacking tackle,expect to get a good kicking back.
On the subject of extra time and  penalties ,after 90 minutes  add an extra ball,still stale mate after extra time remove the goalies.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Intercity

Extra time they should put the entire team on the pitch, all the subs from the bench and the first team together.

scottmitchell74

I'm much more of the mind that they should shed players every 5 minutes. If it gets down to 3-3 with goalies, all the more fun!

Although shootouts can be high drama, to me that's no way to decide a hard-fought match of 120 minutes +.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Bealman

Yes, I agree. Sort of makes the 120 previous minutes seem rather pointless.

But the Belgium Japan game was a ripper. As others have said, the best game so far.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi all,

Everyone ready?

I'd bought the booze yesterday but panicked when I realised SWMBO had eaten all the crisps while watching North by Northwest.

Panic over, been to shop, crisps and peanuts on board, film over and now the TV is 'my precious'.

Not exactly great football punditry but thought I'd get the ball rolling  :)

Fingers and paws in our house crossed.

Enjoy.

Cheers weave  :beers:

port perran

All ready here in W Cornwall too.
Had our meal but our trip to water at the alltment prior to the match is postponed as, believe it or not, it's absolutely pouring down here.
Come on England.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

Good luck to y'all! Let's go Harry Kane!! I'm wearing my Tottenham t-shirt today, it's the closest I have to England gear.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

AlexanderJesse

All the best for the three Lions.

Btw the Swedes are beatable. They did not win the game against the Swiss. The Swiss swnt themselves home with an autogoal. And when you attack over your left wing, their defence is weak.
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Newportnobby

England v Columbia is not a pretty game. How the Columbians still have that many players on the pitch I don't know, and the Russian equivalent to the AA needs to put some signs up for England saying "The goal is this way >"

scottmitchell74

England relying too much on PKs!!

Well, another 30 minutes of tension.

Harry Kane has been getting abused this entire WC.

Those of you who are more savvy/in-tune with the England National Team; why no Vardy?

weave

Forum decorum prevents me  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

port perran

It's now can we hold our nerve.
I think Vardy on is a good thing in that maybe, just maybe, his pace will get in behind the kickers, divers, moaners and downright cheats.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

scottmitchell74

Congrats, folks. I know that was tense.

Geez, what a way to end.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations