Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardBattersby

I'm happy after a good weekend at Ally Pally show and then a nice dinner afterwards. Got a few bits, namely a couple of Queen Mary brakes, now that I'm an NGS member! :)
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

longbridge

Quite happy tonight, I had an appointment with the Social Security Aged Pension Dept today, I had to fill out a load of forms and on one form the question was "Are You an Australian Citizen", well I came to Australia in 1957 so I thought by now I was an Oz citizen, well blow me down I found out I am not an Oz Citizen but officially I am still regarded as being an Englishman, what more could a bloke ask for 
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Lawrence

Malc

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 28, 2012, 01:24:22 PM
Quite happy tonight, I had an appointment with the Social Security Aged Pension Dept today, I had to fill out a load of forms and on one form the question was "Are You an Australian Citizen", well I came to Australia in 1957 so I thought by now I was an Oz citizen, well blow me down I found out I am not an Oz Citizen but officially I am still regarded as being an Englishman, what more could a bloke ask for 

As long as they don't ask for the tenner back for your assisted passage! :)
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

Another 250 mile round trip for a very short meeting (20 mins) involving the usual horror of the M6 on a Friday.
Why is this in the happy thread??

'Cos it's Friday night, I'm sat here with a couple of pints of Ruddles County inside me with a 3rd by my side, a packet of salted peanuts and the  :NGF: 8)

EtchedPixels

Been putting together the next 3D print coach test.. then curry and pub. I'm now a couple of beers the wrong side of doing further fine work to finish it tonight 8)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

longbridge

OK lads come over here to Oz in the dust and flies and you can have  :beers: all day and all night  ;) ;)

You will never be off the Happy Thread   :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Quote from: oldrailbug on March 30, 2012, 09:41:46 PM
OK lads come over here to Oz in the dust and flies and you can have  :beers: all day and all night  ;) ;)

You will never be off the Happy Thread   :thumbsup:

Thanks for reminding me I need to run the vacuum round tomorrow, Dave :smiley-laughing:

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: EtchedPixels on March 30, 2012, 09:33:50 PM
Been putting together the next 3D print coach test.. then curry and pub. I'm now a couple of beers the wrong side of doing further fine work to finish it tonight 8)

Damn the modelling I am just so envious of the "Curry AND Pub" just one would make my day. :evil: :smiley-laughing: :beers:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

davieb

hi everyone  :wave:

well i've just plucked up the courage to service my poole class 33 that i have nearly finished detailing  :-X

this consisted of replacing the brushes & brush springs, cleaning all the muck from the comm and then putting it
all back together again  :-\

this is the first time i have done anything mechanical to one of my loco's so i was a bit nervous when i put it on the track
but guess what  ???

it now runs like a dream  :o  ;D

so i am a very happy bunny at the moment and all the detailing was not in vain  :)

dave  :thumbsup:

OwL

Quote from: davieb on April 01, 2012, 08:24:11 PM
hi everyone  :wave:

well i've just plucked up the courage to service my poole class 33 that i have nearly finished detailing  :-X

this consisted of replacing the brushes & brush springs, cleaning all the muck from the comm and then putting it
all back together again  :-\

this is the first time i have done anything mechanical to one of my loco's so i was a bit nervous when i put it on the track
but guess what  ???

it now runs like a dream  :o  ;D

so i am a very happy bunny at the moment and all the detailing was not in vain  :)

Well Done :thumbsup: Be sure to post pictures soon......... :camera:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Newportnobby

How about taking the 33 apart again and doing a tutorial for us engineeringly challenged/scaredy cats :smiley-laughing:

davieb

Quote from: newportnobby on April 01, 2012, 08:32:34 PM
How about taking the 33 apart again and doing a tutorial for us engineeringly challenged/scaredy cats :smiley-laughing:

i was that worried about getting things right that i don't think i could have got any good pictures  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

but i will have to do my duchess soon so maybe i will do a bit of a tutorial then  ???

owl  don't worry i will try to get it finished tonight then if all is well some pics will appear soon  :-X

longbridge

Congratulations Dave its always nice to see your locos running again after pulling them to bits.

I don't blame you for not bothering about photos as I flipped my out of control caravan on its side while I was on my holidays, when I got out of my car all I could see was the under side of the caravan, after we got it back on its wheels I thought maybe I should have taken pictures but in tricky situations there are more important things to think of.
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations