Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daveg

.. and there you were, Mick, getting all jealous over my £34 from the same bloke!

Well done mate! Pleased for you.  :claphappy:

I have a small inheritance from my recently passed dad and that is being invested in a similar fashion.

Make sure we see *-everything* you buy!

Dave G

scotsoft

A very nice bloke came and installed fibre optic broadband for me this morning.

I connected my mobile phone first as my PC was not wireless at that time.  Once he was satisfied my mobile had connected he left and I installed a Wi-Fi dongle on my PC which is now connected to the fibre optic broadband and I am getting over ten times the speed I was which will improve over the next couple of weeks  :claphappy:

Soon after that the postman rang the doorbell and handed me the twin pack of Spitfires kits in 1:144 I ordered Tuesday evening, they do look tiny  :goggleeyes:

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Achtung - Schpitfeuer!
Nice one, John.
Can I ask who your ISP is please?

scotsoft

Quote from: newportnobby on July 04, 2013, 12:32:05 PM
Achtung - Schpitfeuer!
Nice one, John.
Can I ask who your ISP is please?

You may Mick, I use Orange, they supply my landline and broadband but not my mobile.
I have to pay an extra £1.75 per month for the upgrade  :D

daveg

Got an email from ERNIE (no, not the milkman!) to say he'd got something for me.

A modest win on the Premium Bonds tops up the 'railway account' that more than covers the couple of MK1 coaches just arrived:   Pullman 'The Hadrian Bar' and a TPO with side lights.

Cheers ERNIE!  :beers:

Dave G

scotsoft

Quote from: daveg on July 04, 2013, 12:38:29 PM
Got an email from ERNIE (no, not the milkman!) to say he'd got something for me.

A modest win on the Premium Bonds tops up the 'railway account' that more than covers the couple of MK1 coaches just arrived:   Pullman 'The Hadrian Bar' and a TPO with side lights.

Cheers ERNIE!  :beers:

Dave G

Well done Dave, any amount of cash is welcome  :claphappy:  :claphappy:  :claphappy:

cheers John.

Bealman

Ah... the good old Premium Bonds. I'd forgotten about them. Congrats!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

moogle

I'm  :) as after a week with no internet, I used up my allowance too quickly, I have access again!
No more trips to the library for job hunting!  :thumbsup:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Oldman

Quote from: moogle on July 07, 2013, 07:44:49 PM
I'm  :) as after a week with no internet, I used up my allowance too quickly, I have access again!
No more trips to the library for job hunting!  :thumbsup:
Know exactly how you feel, ditched T-Mobile contract mobile broadband and now use 3 PAYG, better signal and funds allowing if I hit the limit I can top up again straight away.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

moogle

I had 3 PAYG for years. Switched to their £15.99 contract as I was spending £25 a month on PAYG!
More data for less money.  8)
I just used a lot too quickly, mainly from the numerous uploading attempts with my backscene tutorial.
Still, that was worth doing so I won't complain!  :)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Trainfish

On Friday I was offered a new job in Swindon and after having thought about it over the weekend I have decided to accept it. They have offered me £6500 more than I am on at the moment plus a car. It didn't really take too much thinking about if I'm honest  :)
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Many congrats TF.

Swindon to Devizes, wearing out someone else's car plus the terrific extra cash ain't no bad deal!

All the best - I hope you'll be happy in the new job.

Dave G

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on July 08, 2013, 12:52:32 AM
On Friday I was offered a new job in Swindon and after having thought about it over the weekend I have decided to accept it. They have offered me £6500 more than I am on at the moment plus a car. It didn't really take too much thinking about if I'm honest  :)

Nice one, Trainfish :beers:
Out of curiosity, what was there to think about :dunce:

Bealman

Congrats, TF.... as NPN and youself quite correctly note, not much to think about there!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations